Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: to all of you freezing your butts of

litacats, I would send you some of our cold weather if I could. Try to stay cool and get some quilting done.

Holly macaroni......maybe I can send you a bit of cool air.....it`s about minus 20 Celcius here......would love a bit a warm air....let`s trade a few degrees........
    Quote Originally Posted by litacats View Post
    it was forcast to be 32 degrees C, but by 9AM it was already 39 that is over 100 degrees in the old f days, it is now 10 35 am and I just came in from hanging out the washing it is now 42c 102f I just had a coldshower to try to cool down, to top it of we have a cyclone coming down the coast bringing a rain bareing depresion so it is over 55 humidity,
    I HATE HOT WEATHER grrr time to sit under the aircon and do some sewing.

Blog Entries
    I love hot weather. The hotter the better. I love summer. I don't know if I would like it if we didn't have air conditioning. I know when we had a storm last summer and we lost our electricity, we had a hard time sleeping at night and slept downstairs.

It was 15 below when I left for work this am. My car never did warm up. I drove with a denim rag quilt across my lap and legs. Brrrrrr

I will take about 50 degrees of your heat :P, we have been at or below zero for a few days here, I am a little tired of the cold already lol!

We are not too cold here. In fact was in the 70's last week. Cooler now and I would send you the cold if I could as I am the opposite, I hate cold weather.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

Blog Entries
    We are in Queensland and thankfully the last two days have been cooler. Expecting it to heat up again by the weekend. The usual temp. here at this time of the year is high 20"s - low 30"s. Because of our high humidity High 30's into 40"s is almost unbearable.

I'm in the Albany, NY area and its 30 degrees now..warmed up and we have light snow.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I'm in Western Massachusetts. We are having a light snow (came down pretty heavy early this morning) so we got more accumulation than anticipated about 3-4 inches in my area. Not too cold though, about 28 F. I like it best when it's between 50 and 75. The commute to work was okay. Lots of people need to be patient and relax rather than fret about where they are going. The point is to get there in one piece.

Glad I don't have to deal with humidity and heat. Keep thinking cool thoughts!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    goodgrief! I like it warm but that sounds like more than just HOT-dangerously hot. and the poor animals . . . how do they fare? glad you have a pool to help a bit
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Blog Entries
    I am with you about the heat. Pennsylvania climate is not too bad. Along about 50 years old, I had to get air conditioning. I am 71 and don't go skiing anymore but I like the cold.
    To cr12cats, I could live in San Diego VERY easily.

To all of our Aussie sewing buddies, I hope the weather breaks soon!
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

Blog Entries
    it was forcast to be 32 degrees C, but by 9AM it was already 39 that is over 100 degrees in the old f days, it is now 10 35 am and I just came in from hanging out the washing it is now 42c 102f I just had a coldshower to try to cool down, to top it of we have a cyclone coming down the coast bringing a rain bareing depresion so it is over 55 humidity,
    It's 39 here, too - farenheit! Sorry to hear about your horrible weather, cyclone and fires. Hope it gets better fast.

I know what you mean. I live in the high desert of CA ... it is COLD in the winter, below freezing at night and HOT in the summer, most days over 100 and occasionally as high as 110+.
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Cool Sending you some cooling off weather

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but right now in Northeastern Ontario, Canada it is -2 degrees C. BUT by tonight it is going to hit -38 C with a wind chill of -48 degrees C. Is that cool enough for you? 3 days ago it was +8 degrees so who says there is no such thing as global warming. Something is going on somewhere.
    Stay cool !!
    Dance like no one is watching

You keep sending your weather my way - expecting a top of 102F here today.

We actually had small icicles on our car yesterday. Rare in northern Louisiana. Stayed home. Accidents were happening all over the place.

Blog Entries
    We are here in Penrith west of Sydney and it is hot, hot, hot here our temps have been going between 32 and 43 for last last two weeks, one day was 45 and the rest of this week and early next are going to be scorchers too. We do have a pool and an aircon and fans. Just checked and todays temperature so far is 36 time is 1.55pm, so will still do some climbing.

Blog Entries
    Well, we're predicted to freeze our butts off by next Mon. or Tues. High temp.s predicted to be in the -8 F. range. BRRRR.
    Mavis

Blog Entries
    Here in S.A. we have had scorchers followed by cool to cold weather for two weeks now. Yesterday was 42C and today is 26C. No wonder the flu is raging through people. Doctors are urging people to have flu vaccines already.
    Mrs B There is nothing that can't be improved with gold glitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2