Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tutorial on how to make crib sheets

Blog Entries

Tutorial on how to make crib sheets

http://cuttopieces.blogspot.com/2011...-tutorial.html

I am going to make some Pack n Play sheets...I have tons of material. ; )

Thank you for this post. That is so simple to make the crib sheets.

IMHO, 2 yards of fabric at today's prices ($20 + elastic) are a bit much for me unless the fabric reeeeealy speaks to me or it is an odd sized covering like the pack and play. Good idea though.

piney

I have no reason to make these, my youngest Grandchild is 10 YO. It was interesting to see it done.
    I did look at how she makes a bag to hold plastic bags. That was very interesting too. I always like to see how things are made. She has a tute how to fold fabrics onto comic book boards.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Here is a wonderful video...you can make them pretty cheap..Joann's had flannel on sale for 2.99 a yard - I am going to make one for the Pac N Play. http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...&fr=aaplw&tt=b

Blog Entries
    you only need 1 yard of material for pac n play crib sheets http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutori...ay/2011/06/11/ - I was just looking for some new ones on line....they are about 20.00 and up - the more designed materails the more the price. http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutori...ay/2011/06/11/

Blog Entries
    Here is a very easy tute for crib sheets...I am thinking how fun it would be to use a bunch of scrap materials that I have. Maybe use muslum for the back side...or even quilt a sheet...hmmmm...a quilted Pack and Play quilt....why not...; ) http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2...ib-sheets.html

Thank you for sharing the link. I love some of the other tutorials she has on her blog as well.

1 yard for pack n play sheets at 3$/yard is quite a good deal. I might look into that when I venture out. $20 ready made? Accckkkk I'm old.

piney

tI made a bunch of coordinating crib sheets for my twin granddaughters. The high quality fabric has lasted for 3 years so far and is still going strong (they are late at getting out of their cribs). The only change I make from the tutorial is to use a serger instead of the french seams (though I may try those next time). With the smaller seam, I cut the corners as 9" instead of 8". I also use the serger to apply the elastic instead of using a casing. Much, much faster! I have a Bernina serger and it works great with the "Elasticator" foot. I tried using a Brother serger and elastic application foot one time, but it was not nearly as effective. I can make a sheet in about 20 minutes from ironed fabric.

Pam

I've made these for years. I cut the fabric at 69 inches, instead of using the entire 2 yards. I also cut 9 in squares for the corners and use 80 inches of elastic. Everybody loves them. For my last DGD, we used Moda Panache for her nursery and it was totally coordinated--from curtains, bedskirt, bumper pads, sheets, burp pads. I think we used every pattern in the entire line and it was precious!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    My DD fosters Great Danes so they can be rehabiltated (I couldn't do it as I would be the crazy dog lady!!LOL), she uses a crib bed for her danes, thanks for the suggestion for sheets for a crib bed. She will be making some sheets as I sent her the sites. Thanks Carolaug!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks for sharing. I have a friend that is having a baby soon and I think I might try making some sheets to match the quilt.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Would love to make these sheets! Is there a non-U-tube version of the instructions available?