Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Amazing Performance

I am a Carrie Underwood fan, but this performance may be her best. Try to keep a dry eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMz...embedded#at=50

OUTSTANDING

Nope, couldn't keep them dry. Wow, she has become quite amazing since her first days on American Idol!

I saw the performance the other night and outstanding it was! There were no dry eyes in my house! When Carrie sings it tugs at your heart! Beautiful!!

She did a fantastic job! You can't help but cry. It was so nice that she chose that song. Love it! :)

That was Magical...And she really means what she sings with feeling.

i love this song. one of my faves. Also It is well with my soul--the reason why it was written...This hymn was writ*ten af*ter two ma*jor trau*mas in Spaf*fordís life. The first was the great Chi*ca*go Fire of Oc*to*ber 1871, which ru*ined him fi*nan*cial*ly (he had been a weal*thy bus*i*ness*man). Short*ly af*ter, while cross*ing the At*lan*tic, all four of Spaf*fordís daugh*ters died in a col*li*sion with an*o*ther ship. Spaf*fordís wife Anna sur*vived and sent him the now fa*mous tel*e*gram, ďSaved alone.Ē Sev*er*al weeks lat*er, as Spaf*fordís own ship passed near the spot where his daugh*ters died, the Ho*ly Spir*it in*spired these words. They speak to the eter*nal hope that all be*liev*ers have, no mat*ter what pain and grief be*fall them on earth.

Spafford said it all"How Great Thou Art"

Blog Entries
    I have loved listening to Carrie sing, from her first performance on Idol to now. She has an amazing voice :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adyldrop
    i love this song. one of my faves. Also It is well with my soul--the reason why it was written...This hymn was writ*ten af*ter two ma*jor trau*mas in Spaf*fordís life. The first was the great Chi*ca*go Fire of Oc*to*ber 1871, which ru*ined him fi*nan*cial*ly (he had been a weal*thy bus*i*ness*man). Short*ly af*ter, while cross*ing the At*lan*tic, all four of Spaf*fordís daugh*ters died in a col*li*sion with an*o*ther ship. Spaf*fordís wife Anna sur*vived and sent him the now fa*mous tel*e*gram, ďSaved alone.Ē Sev*er*al weeks lat*er, as Spaf*fordís own ship passed near the spot where his daugh*ters died, the Ho*ly Spir*it in*spired these words. They speak to the eter*nal hope that all be*liev*ers have, no mat*ter what pain and grief be*fall them on earth.
    Thank you so much for sharing this. We have sung this hymn at church before and I have it on one of my Christian CD's, but I wasn't aware of how it came to be.

Carrie did a wonderful job on it and I think Vince Gill was a wonderful complement to her both in voice and the instrument he played. I recorded the show and have already watched it again plus I've watched this song on YouTube several times already.

Girls Night Out was a great show this past Friday night! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Awesome!!!!

Wow! I actually got chills! Thank you for sharing :D

Thank you so much for the link, I couldn't help crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Quote Originally Posted by adyldrop
    Thank you so much for sharing this. We have sung this hymn at church before and I have it on one of my Christian CD's, but I wasn't aware of how it came to be.

Carrie did a wonderful job on it and I think Vince Gill was a wonderful complement to her both in voice and the instrument he played. I recorded the show and have already watched it again plus I've watched this song on YouTube several times already.

Girls Night Out was a great show this past Friday night! :thumbup:
    Actually I did some further investigating. I had heard this part of the story but it starts a lot earlier...Spafford was really more of a modern Job. He was a succesfful lawyer in Chicago. He had 4 children; one son. His son died at an early age. Then, he lost all of his real estate assets in the great Chicago fire. After all the turmoil they decided to go to Europe for vacation. He stayed behind for buisness and sent his wife and daughters ahead. An iron bearing vessel I believe struck their ship and caused 200+ deaths. His wife landed in Europe with the other few survivors and sent her mesage "saved alone. what should i do?" He immediately left to bring his wife back home, passed the site of his daughters' deaths and there was touched by the Spirit to write "It is Well". What a story of maintaining your faith and praise through it all....