Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Amazon Mail Service using USPS >

Amazon Mail Service using USPS

Amazon Mail Service using USPS

Old 08-30-2023, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
they use it here quite a bit and I am neither rural nor in a small community!
Same here and I'm in the 'burbs of Houston
Old 08-30-2023, 06:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
Same thing with Missouri Star Quilt Co. and them using FedEx....everything goes to the main hub in Indiana and then moves out from there. I'm in Iowa and can drive to Missouri Star and pick my items up faster than get them delivered. And the packages are always so dirty I hate bringing them in the house!
I've pretty much quit ordering anything from Missouri Star because of FedEx. My last package arrived more than a week after FedEx's first projected delivery date. I watched FedEx tracking showing the package getting to within an hour of my house, then wind its way back through Arizona, New Mexico, Kansas, almost all the way back to where it started, then suddenly appear on my porch even though tracking simultaneously showed the package out for delivery and the delivery date as "Pending." This wasn't a random occurrence, since all FedEx deliveries to my house are typically days later than promised. I've notified Missouri Star a couple of times of the problem, with no result.
Old 08-31-2023, 01:11 AM

I say my package is sight seeing. How I look at it, is packages have probably been doing this since the beginning of shipping times, we just never knew it until the invention of tracking.
Old 08-31-2023, 06:34 AM

Glad to know I'm not the only one with their packages going on a "road trip". As for FedEx, we won't talk about them as I hate them with a passion. They have the gall to ask for a review after they deliver my package and I keep telling them that the "1 star" is only because I can't get it to take a "0 star" review. UPS I have no problems with and normal mailings with the postal service I have no problems with, it's just packages from Amazon from time to time. I just laugh it off these days.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

We are in a rural area and for the past few years, every service transfers to USPS delivery in a nearby town. It adds another day to the delivery time.

Why are the UPS trucks so filthy? Everything that comes off them is like it's covered in soot.
Old 01-09-2024, 01:52 PM

I just had an Amazon/USPS fail. I ordered a light fixture for my bathroom on Dec 31st. It was supposed to arrive on Jan 3rd. Then on Jan 5th. Then on Jan 6th. Then no more updates. I contacted Amazon and told them the problem. The refunded my car for the whole amount and said that if the fixture arrives it's mine. The last update was that it was supposed to arrive today. We'll see if I get a free fixture or have to reorder.
Old 01-09-2024, 03:20 PM

As I understand Amazon shipping, Usually only the last leg of the Amazon shipment is done via the USPS. That's because it is cheaper for Amazon.

As far as shipping goes, we ordered a bathroom/sink vanity from Bed, Bath and Beyond/Overstock. Half the order reached us. The other half has a UPS label pending for 3 weeks! Lots of text on the BbB/overstock order site, but no explanation of why it seems to be stuck. Called today, and they re-ordered it - all of it - and ask that we send back the piece we already have. Very inefficient, right? Now I have to watch to make sure we're not billed twice.

So it's not just USPS.
Old 01-10-2024, 05:10 AM

The last time I ordered from MSQ two items were delivered and one is still out wandering around. MSQ still claims it is on it's way, that's fine but I think 4 weeks is a bit much for a jelly roll to be delivered. I am going to call them today, ask for a refund since they can't show me proof of delivery. I live in a highly populated area, for several days our USPS hasn't been delivered or it has been coming around 8:00 or so at night. I'm glad I have a Ring doorbell, last night at 9:30 a package with an expensive item was in it. It was from Amazon and was handed off to USPS for delivery. That is how our mail comes, we have Amazon Prime 2 day delivery, we're lucky if we get it in four days.
Old 01-10-2024, 06:12 AM

I had an interesting conversation with my delivery driver the other day. We are rural. We have a mailbox at the road and a slightly larger handmade space for larger pkgs.
He explained that he (Amazon driver) could not put pkgs in mailbox; that is lawfully only for USPS.
And, I had to sign for the pkg, which was piddly, because he handed it directly to customer.
FYI
Old 01-10-2024, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I had an interesting conversation with my delivery driver the other day. We are rural. We have a mailbox at the road and a slightly larger handmade space for larger pkgs.
He explained that he (Amazon driver) could not put pkgs in mailbox; that is lawfully only for USPS.
And, I had to sign for the pkg, which was piddly, because he handed it directly to customer.
FYI
That's true. Anyone using USPS boxes for non USPS items can be fined. The garden club here was putting notices in people's mailboxes and they were fined by USPS.