Amazon??

Old 05-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

How long should it take for Amazon books to be shipped/received?

Thanks to a thread on here last week, I ordered a book of patterns ... and am now anxiously waiting. Being my first Amazon order, now I don't know what I should expect!

How do they normally ship? Postal? Courier?
(I'm in Canada ... and it was ordered from a Canadian source)

Thanks for any tips!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:22 AM
MTS
Banned

So you ordered from Amazon.ca or a 3rd party via Amazon?

If you went for free shipping ($25 or higher order) on Amazon, it could be 7-10 days. If you paid for expedited shipping, then sooner. I'm not familiar with the Canadian shipping options.

But you can go to "your account" in the upper right hand corner and track all your orders.

If it was a third party, they should be sending an email with the tracking information, but it would probably be the equivalent of Media Mail or Parcel Post.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:26 AM

yes, they should send you an email when it is mailed. Be sure it didn't go into your spam folder.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Sometimes it takes F*O*R*E*V*E*R to get something from Amazon ... and other times it comes right away.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 AM

you should be able to go back into your account and see your status on shipping...
Old 05-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

I use Amazon Prime and get the second day shipping for free. I order so much from Amazon it's worth it to me to have the Prime. There are different Prime accounts so you can choose which fits you better.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Power Poster

Oh dear ... now it tells me I have no order history!
Oh great ... my first experience at online ordering and!!!!!!!! :-|
Old 05-05-2011, 09:31 AM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Breathe deeply.

Did you receive any confirmation emails from Amazon? There should be links in there to get you back to your account.

Are you sure you ordered on from .ca?

I ask because I recall receiving a package that I barely remembered ordering but couldn't find any reference to it at all on Amazon.
Turns out I had pre-ordered it eons ago from .co.uk, and that is a totally separate account. Which is a PITA.

Check your email
Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Breathe deeply. innnnnnnnn ouuuuuuuttttt innnnnnnnn ouuuuuuttttttttttt

Did you receive any confirmation emails from Amazon? There should be links in there to get you back to your account. No ... no confirmation emails received

Are you sure you ordered on from .ca? This is where it gets weird. I carefully followed the info about Canada. And also, when ordering it had the options of shipping from Canada or USA, and again, chose Canada, not wanting the hang up at the border, or surprised cost increases. The sheet I printed out with my order info shows dot ca.

So after starting this thread and with your query, I went back in to dot com and yes, it has an account for me. And when I check history, no history is there.

I ask because I recall receiving a package that I barely remembered ordering but couldn't find any reference to it at all on Amazon.
Turns out I had pre-ordered it eons ago from .co.uk, and that is a totally separate account. Which is a PITA. The way I am starting to feel right now ... and being so excited, after hearing so many talk about how great it is to order from amazon, I thought I was doing right!!

Check your email and no, nothing in junk/spam box
So now I am wondering, did I maybe cancel out and miss a final send message? Hardly want to reorder and end up with a duplicate!

Thanks for your help and indulging this non-techie-jumping-into-the-online-ordering-world!!!!! arrrgggghhhhhh!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 AM

First, make sure you have not been charged.

Second, this just happened to me in the last month: I ordered a book and had my confirmation with the order number and link to the order information. When the book didn't arrive I looked at my account - no mention of this order. I tried the link to the order from the confirmation email - no mention of this order. Search by the order number - no results.

So I contacted Amazon. When they checked, they found that the seller (3rd party) had cancelled the order. Evidently the jerks didn't think that warranted a cancellation email! (The seller, not Amazon.)

I've ordered LOADS of things through Amazon over the years. Hundreds, I bet. That's the first time i've ever had a problem with Amazon or any of their sellers, but it does happen. I would contact Amazon and ask them to look for you.

Good luck!