Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: amazon

amazon

Can anyone tell who delivers for amazon I orderd from them for the first time and have a delivery comming monday and don't know what truck to look for,i know some deliveries are switched over to uspo for final delivery.thanks

Yes, no matter how the delivery starts, it usually gets switched to USPS - for me that is!

Mine always goes to the post office. I suppose something large like furniture might come ups.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

Go back and look for tracking info on your ship notice or order status, it usually says in the details.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    DH orders more often than I thought from Amazon and depending on how large the item is depends on how it's delivered. You should have been notified how it was going to be delivered for tracking.

I discovered if you have a Amazon Prime membership it usually is delivered by UPS. Ordering items off Amazon with the prime over $35.00 in the price line more often than not end up at the post office. I inquired about it and Amazon said it was cheaper sometimes to do it that way.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    i get some from UPS too.

I think the few orders were by UPS.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Most of my Amazon orders have come UPS but recently I had one delivered by an unmarked truck. I don't know who that was. lol
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Blog Entries
    I'm in the UK and I get different companies for the same item which I order every two weeks. I train one company to leave in safe place . Next time new company new way to get it re-delivered.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    Your tracking information will tell you . I'm a prime member and order a lot from Amazon, sometimes, ups, sometimes post office, once in great while fed ex...tracking always lets me know what to expect and when.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    I'm a member of the Prime and all of mine so far has come by USPS.I did an order recently on a Friday and @ 2:00 p m on Sunday , a mail man delivered my package. Now I don't order on Fridays -I don't want anyone having to work on Sundays delivering packages.It wasn't crucial that I got it that soon.

I was out walking yesterday and the USPS truck made several deliveries to my neighbors. I was surprised as it was Easter Sunday. I assume they were Amazon orders. Now, I have to watch as I never think to look in my mailbox on a Sunday.

I live in south Texas and Amazon always comes UPS...I have 5 items coming today...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
    Can anyone tell who delivers for amazon I orderd from them for the first time and have a delivery comming monday and don't know what truck to look for,i know some deliveries are switched over to uspo for final delivery.thanks
    LilaKay...greatgramma to Brielle Mae

It really depends if the order is being shipped by Amazon or an affiliate company. Did you look at the order? It should be listed. If not, call them and ask.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

You can check by going to the tracking number they provide on your computer receipt. That's how I keep track where the package is from day to day. I set it up to get daily tracking info or whenever they change a location. Sometimes it comes by way of UPS and others times it gets transferred over to my local USPS as someone else mentioned.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird