Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: american girl size long sleeved dresses

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,154

    american girl size long sleeved dresses

    Here is a picture of some of the dresses I have been making also to use up more of the fabrics I can no longer use for quilting
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Power Poster oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    10,257
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh those are cute. And a great way to help get rid of stash. Surprisingly they take more fabric than you realize.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

  3. #3
    Power Poster mighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Upland CA
    Posts
    18,361
    They are darling!!!

  4. #4
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,850
    Oh cute!!

    Maybe those American Girl dolls need quilts made too!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  5. #5
    Super Member Pollytink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,330
    I LOVE doll clothes!! Don't have an American Girl doll but I kept my DD's Giggles doll, 18" but a bit different dimensions from the AG. I'd made her some clothes and want to make more so just couldn't part with her. She dates from about 1967! These dresses are SO cute!! I should post pics of Giggles' wardrobe and the new purple shoes I got to match her purple corduroy coat and hat!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
    I LOVE doll clothes!! Don't have an American Girl doll but I kept my DD's Giggles doll, 18" but a bit different dimensions from the AG. I'd made her some clothes and want to make more so just couldn't part with her. She dates from about 1967! These dresses are SO cute!! I should post pics of Giggles' wardrobe and the new purple shoes I got to match her purple corduroy coat and hat!
    I never got into dolls much other than tons of things i crocheted with thread for my 3 grand daughters Barbies several yrs ago but just love sewing for the American girl doll...a nice size to work with..

  7. #7
    Super Member maryb119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,725
    Cute dresses!! I have been making American Girl doll clothes for my DGD too. I agree, they are so much easier to work on than Barbie clothes. They are fun and before I get one done, I have the next one planned!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,154
    I found even doing this one pattern each is so different depending on the fabric...they are fun

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    412
    I have a tip for all of us that use the same patterns many times for the AG clothes. I made them for 10 years for craft fairs and found that if I ironed fusable interfacing on the wrong side of the pattern it will hold up under countless pinings. I've also repaired patterns with small pieces of the interfacing. Irons wont get gummed up like scotch tape.
    Kathy Osterby

  10. #10
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,743
    Blog Entries
    47
    Good idea Kathy!

    Linda

    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

    http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,910
    Lovely dresses! I think I have about every pattern for the 18" dolls - I try to make one outfit each month so when Christmas comes my granddaughters get at least 6 new outfits each. In my area there is a group that meets once a month and we bring the clothes we make. Several of the ladies used to make porcelain dolls and they have a wealth of information to share about dolls and clothes.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
    Lovely dresses! I think I have about every pattern for the 18" dolls - I try to make one outfit each month so when Christmas comes my granddaughters get at least 6 new outfits each. In my area there is a group that meets once a month and we bring the clothes we make. Several of the ladies used to make porcelain dolls and they have a wealth of information to share about dolls and clothes.
    What a nice gift for the grands!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Osterby View Post
    I have a tip for all of us that use the same patterns many times for the AG clothes. I made them for 10 years for craft fairs and found that if I ironed fusable interfacing on the wrong side of the pattern it will hold up under countless pinings. I've also repaired patterns with small pieces of the interfacing. Irons wont get gummed up like scotch tape.
    I have been cutting out the pattern pieces on plastic or those cheap cutting mats from the dollar store.....easy to use over and over

  14. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Osterby View Post
    I have a tip for all of us that use the same patterns many times for the AG clothes. I made them for 10 years for craft fairs and found that if I ironed fusable interfacing on the wrong side of the pattern it will hold up under countless pinings. I've also repaired patterns with small pieces of the interfacing. Irons wont get gummed up like scotch tape.
    What a very smart idea...never thought of that....some of the kids' clothes patterns i have used over and over for years and they are getting worn....will have to try that. Thanks

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,349
    Sue...........love the dresses........do you do short sleeved ones too???

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by dinlauren View Post
    Sue...........love the dresses........do you do short sleeved ones too???
    Yes I made the sundresses also..I like those even better..I put a little yo yo and button on the front of most of them...very cute

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3
    Ohhhh I love these dresses ... the colors are springy

  18. #18
    Member Julo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Fish View Post
    I have been cutting out the pattern pieces on plastic or those cheap cutting mats from the dollar store.....easy to use over and over
    Dresses are darling. I didn't know the dollar stores carried cutting mats. Will have to go shopping now!

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Julo View Post
    Dresses are darling. I didn't know the dollar stores carried cutting mats. Will have to go shopping now!
    Yes seems now they are packages of two..used to be three in a package

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Oh those are cute. And a great way to help get rid of stash. Surprisingly they take more fabric than you realize.
    Yes they do take a good amount of fabric and with the price of fabric now I am glad to use what I have

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.