Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: American Idol this season. YUCK !!!

I find that each year these types of shows are not as good as they started out. One of my favorites has gotten trashy. Even The BiggestLoser is not what it was at first. I often wonder where they find these contestants.

Blog Entries
    It seems to me it's about the two female judges....I'm loosing interest fast!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

http://countrycottagequiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    If your talking about the one with color hair, went to watch some of her video's to see who she is, she a female rapper with a foul mouth! She disgusting to me after I seen her video's...

Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    It has turned into a joke. I watched one audition and the female judge who I've never heard of made me want to slap her back to earth. Who is she anyway? She looks like a bad joke. Does she always dress and behave that way?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥`..♥ Donna♥`..♥

http://countrycottagequiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

BORING!!! Iwatched part of the first show and that's going to be all I watch. I don't need to watch the judges fight on TV.

Blog Entries
    I tape it and fast forward through most of it. There are a couple of 'new possibles' so far. I like that the judges are different this season. I think we will get to see some new talent by the end of the season.
    http://ozarkcastle.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    I've never watched any of the AI shows at all.
    I thought I was the only one ....glad to know there are two of us......I did see something on the net the other day about the pink-haired person-what is that- and the other woman-who was more concerned about how her hair was laying on her shoulders-they were bickering with each other...wow what a self-centered program....the sad thing is people who are supposed to be intellegent are watching this dribble along so much other of the same on tv lately........I think I will grab a good book and sit in a comfortable chair and read.....any good books out there??????

Blog Entries
    I quit watching years ago. Other than Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, can anyone tell me the names of past winners?

I haven't watched since 'Constantine' - I got to see him on Broadway, too!! Besides, most television is boring! I spend my day listening to good music while I quilt, I mean do HOUSEWORK! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Norva View Post
    The two girl judges this year are so obnoxious, I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of the show - I don't know if they are putting through any real talent or not. I gave it a try on two nights and that's it - no American Idol for me this year.
    I totally agree, watched for the 10 minutes, left the room, came back and couldn't take any more. It's a real waste of time. There is noone who can control Nicki -- who seems to feel that it's her responsibility to be obnoxious. If she was replaced, maybe I'd watch. Feel sorry for the gentlemen judges.

I used to watch it every year, but along with most of you, the judges have turned me off this season. We need to find out who/where do we put our complaints in to. This used to be a good show. I don't care for some of the types of music but do enjoy most it for good entertainment. But the choices of judges this year have turned more people off then ever. I won't be watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by judyrael View Post
    I used to watch it every year, but along with most of you, the judges have turned me off this season. We need to find out who/where do we put our complaints in to. This used to be a good show. I don't care for some of the types of music but do enjoy most it for good entertainment. But the choices of judges this year have turned more people off then ever. I won't be watching it.
    Kieth and Randy are the only judges that are good. They put through talent that is not good. I used to watch this but this year I will not, just a waste of time. American Idol and America's Got Talent are some of the few shows to watch. whatever happened to the guy that won that was a 'chicken catcher"? was Skinner his name? He won and was very good. a country singer. I listen to books on tape and read, quilt and learning hair-pin lace.

I am so glad to see that it isn't just me. I was just wondering what in the world was going on this year.
    Michelle

The issue of judges will be what ends A.I. They keep changing the panel out every year, and they aren't getting better at finding replacements. I am so tired of Nicki Minaj. She is Annoying. I like Keith Urban more and more with each show. I thought I really wouldn't like Mariah, but she doesn't bother me. I miss Simon Cowell's honesty and he called it right most of the time. My problem with celebrity judges is that they have make their fans happy so they can't be honest and speak their mind.

Blog Entries
    I agree, it definately jumped the shark.

Blog Entries
    I agree the female judges are just ridiculous . The show is actually gone down the hill and I wish Simon was back too.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Nope won't be watching, this is MUCH worse than the last two years judging. I'm over it. Only watched part of the shows previously. Now I'm free. Only watch a couple of things a week, trash TV most all shows, no thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raynhamquilter View Post
    Nope. Haven't watched since the first night. After last year's "idol" choice----nope.
    Wasn't last year Scotty McCreary?? I thought he should win right from the beginning!!! Awesome voice!!

Quote Originally Posted by germanquilter View Post
    Can't stand the judges this year! The worst is Nicki Minaj who I personally don't think is a great singer and therefore a great choice to begin with...her comments are almost embarrassing. Keith Urban is too quiet and seems totally out of place like HE is embarrassed to be there. At least he can sing...Mariah is a fantastic singer but a bit of a diva. The constant bickering between Mariah and Nicki is a huge turn-off, too. There is just no chemistry with these judges and I am getting tired for them to let singers audition that are absolutely tone-deaf...it was fun in the beginning but is getting old. I have to say that I liked last year's judges; loved Steven Tyler. He was fun and unpredictable and all of the judges liked each other and it showed....
    I agree this years judges are a waste of time.Tyler was great I miss him-but Idol is boring me with unnecessary drama
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Blog Entries
    Actually I think Phillip Phillips was last year's winner. If I'm not mistaken, Scotty was the year before. I agree with all of you. Nicki Minage is going to be the end of American Idol. She is soooooo obnoxious! And I find it extremely hard to understand how Mariah Carey finds it so hard to tell people that they just plain can't sing!

Not watching this year - judges are stupid!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2