Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Amish Auction Montana

Amish Auction Montana

DH and I attended an Amish auction in Rexford, MT. It was amazing with gorgeous hand made furniture, delicious food and QUILTS!!!! In my opinion, the quilts went for less than they should have...probably due to the economy. While $400 to $600 is NOT cheap for a queen to king size quilt, when you consider the cost of good fabric, the time and all the hand quilting, they were a bargain! Many traditional patterns plus some lovely bargellos. I did not take pictures as it was difficult to do so without getting Amish in them and I know in some ordnungs they do not wish to be photographed so I didn't attempt any photos.

wow, sounds great! Maybe because it was not in a typical "Amish" area, like PA or OH, they did not bring as much?

For years I attended an Amish auction around here. Just haven't been lately. There was delicious homemade food, homemade ice cream, beautiful furniture and quilts. We sat on hay bales, and I so enjoyed just watching the people and their children.

I bought a few quilts for pretty cheap (some around $100, most less than $200), but it's been at least 15 years since I attended. Hopefully your auction had more traditional Amish style quilts. Most of the ones around here were not the type of quilts I'd consider "Amish." But the hand quilting on all quilts was fantastic.
    Lori

Sounds like fun....
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.