Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amrerican Idol

Has anyone watched the new season of American Idol? So far looks to be interesting again this year. They had the "guys" on tonite and the "girls" on tomorrow nite and then the new season really starts next week. At least the entertainment shows are better than some of the stuff they have on now.

My kids and I have watched it every season. We have a few favorites already. Loved the guys and can't wait to see the girls tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    I watched tonight, already have favorites, hope the girls are as good as three of the guys were. Don't know about the Dancing with the Stars Group though.....Weird.

Super Member HummerGardenCrafts's Avatar
    I didn't know it was on tonight. So I missed the guys singing.

Awww Geez! I missed it! :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    hi yes I love the show

Blog Entries
    I'm watching. I liked about 4 of the guys tonight, I hope they make it through. I tried to vote but the site was so jammed I couldn't.

Blog Entries
    We don't watch it. My Mom (87) really gets into it. She doesn't vote, but she takes notes on each contestant every week so she can keep track. When she visited us last spring for 3 weeks, we watched with her. It was fun seeing how involved she gets. :) She used to watch it every season with one of my SILs (in their own homes) and then my SIL would call Mom and they would compare notes and have a friendly combat over their favorites. Then my SIL passed away in the middle of the season before last. So two of my nieces went to Mom's each week for the remainder of the season to watch it with her. They really love their GM.

I hope everybody's favorite is the winner. Of course, you'll all have to like the same one. :)

I enjoyed the show last night. I usually start watching the season about now after all the eliminations are down to 12 of each. I have some faves already.
    All I can say is their voices don't match their looks for the most part.

The guys rocked it last night!! Some outstanding vocals...Jordan wasn't so good, seemed really nervous...but the rest were outstanding...As good as they all were, none can touch Jacob...What a God giving talent he has...This kid can sing...!

Yes I watched. I wonder how the girls will do. Some of the boys I thought didn't do too well but the Judges loved them and visa versa.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I love Scotty and Casey, and Jordan and...oh, I can't think of the name???

The black guy with the amazing voice that was so good at the end.

Okay... taped the show last night and just finished watching it. I have my favs!! I like Paul (the quirky one), Casey, Jacob, James (the rocker) and am torn between Stephano and Scotty. Even thought Stephano is from the Seattle area I sure like the country sound of Scotty.

There are some really fabulous voices this year... some very powerful... some just different. I think that's why I like Paul. And Casey is just awesome. Jacob... God gave you a voice that just won't quit!! I think James is a true rocker... just "does his thing" and hits those screaming high notes! Going to be a great season.

And now for the girls. Can they hold their own? We will see.

I liked the rocker, but wasn't overly wowed by any of the others. I have a hard time getting past J-Lo being a judge, given how awful her own singing is. The show just seems to have lost its spark. DH and I loved the first few seasons but only watched last night because we couldn't find anything better on TV.

Yep, we watch it at our house. There were a couple of stand-out guys last night. Looking forward to seeing the girls perform. And DWTS...gonna miss Derek.

Blog Entries
    I do watch it, but usually not until they are down to the 12 or 10. But this season with the changes I've been watching for the last couple of weeks. I liked all the guys last night, except for a couple. I'll be watching the girls tonite. My DH laughs at me for getting so into it, but I think it's fun and innocent.

Blog Entries
    yes I watch. have watched every year but the first one. I thought last year was horrible. I think this year they are going to have some good singers

I absolutely love that show, and this year the judges are awesome. Does anyone think that Randy is trying to act a little like Simon though?

Blog Entries
    I have been watching the last four years. It always lends enjoyment and some craziness! I look forward as we move along with the voting and more intense performances.

The guys were awesome last night. I especially liked: Casey, Jacob, James, and Stefano. Looking forward to the girls tonight.

There are a few American Idols I don't hear about anymore. Ruben Studdard? Fantasia? Taylor Hicks? There are a couple I can't even remember the names...

Carrie Underwood has sure done well... as well as the first American Idol, Kelly Clarkson.

I am looking forward to this season.

Blog Entries
    Taylor is doing live shows, he does well in that arena. He was supposed to release a new CD, don't know if he did. I bought the first one and was disappointed.

Daughtry (Chris) has made fantastic album sales.

I don't know about Fantasia, I saw Ruben has a new CD.

I like what Jennifer Hudson is doing with Weight Watchers. Lots of visibility.

Scotty, Casey, James, and Jacob...are the ones I will be rooting for.

Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    Taylor is doing live shows, he does well in that arena. He was supposed to release a new CD, don't know if he did. I bought the first one and was disappointed.

Daughtry (Chris) has made fantastic album sales.

I don't know about Fantasia, I saw Ruben has a new CD.

I like what Jennifer Hudson is doing with Weight Watchers. Lots of visibility.
    Yes, Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson are doing so very well, especially since neither one won! Just goes to show what Idol can do without winning the thing! I loved Jennifer Hudson in Dream Girls and Daughtry has always been a winner to me.
    I had not heard about Taylor Hicks. I bought the first Clay Aiken cd and was disappointed. Oh well...

Am anxious to see if the girls can hold their own.

Oh! Did anyone see Brooke White in the made-for-tv movie? It was called Change of Plans. I thought she was a great actress!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast