The Andy Griffith Show

Old 06-19-2018, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

Default The Andy Griffith Show

What is your favorite episode, and why?

I love "The Pickle Story". I've seen it many times. The expressions on their faces as they try to eat the kerosene cucumbers.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:10 PM

I like the episode where Andy intervenes when a farmer won't let his daughter date. The farmer has no sons and he wants his daghter to fill the void and act like a farmer. Andy enlists the help of his lady friends to get a makevoer done on the daughter. He has her hair and makeup done and she changes out of her overalls and puts on a dress. She looks like a different person. Then the hired hands show an interest in her and the father is not happy until Andy points out that he is likely to end up with a man's help on his farm if he lets nature take its course. I have probably watched every episode of the Andy Griffith Show.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:13 PM

That one is funny:-) I really like the episode called "Ellie saves a Female". Ellie helps transform a hardworking farm girl (Frankie) into a lady. It just highlights how versatile women are.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:50 PM

It sounds as though I had a few details wrong, but ekuw & I are talking about the same episode. It's been a lot of years since I watched the show. Barney was my favorite character.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
What is your favorite episode, and why?

I love "The Pickle Story". I've seen it many times. The expressions on their faces as they try to eat the kerosene cucumbers.
I have been a fan of Andy Griffith since the 45 record that recorded his funny "What It Was Was Football". I think it came out in the early 50's. We get "Mayberry RFD" here on ME TV, and my favorites are the ones where Barney gets outwitted by crooks and Andy has to save him without Barney losing face.

I also loved "Onionhead".
Old 06-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

We watched the show when it first came out and we are watching it every afternoon. All of the shows are my favorites, although sometimes it sounds like cornpone. Andy tries for a real hickish sound.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:47 PM

I tape all of these shows and watch them at night when I am done with chores. Just love the clean, funny episodes especially after listening to the local and national news channels. They help me get to sleep.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:34 PM

I love 'em all! My favorite is when Barney takes a nap in the back room and Andy anchors the blanket under the feet o the cot, sneaks out and then comes back and slams the door to wake him up. Barney struggles with the blanket and appears with his hair on end and the funniest expression on his face... I love it!

Or, when Aunt Bea buys a side of beef and an old rickety chest freezer. When the freezer dies and she and Oppie are pulling the beef in Oppie's wagon followed by all the dogs in town... HeeHeeHee!!
Old 06-19-2018, 10:14 PM

My favorite episode is the Mr. McBeeVee one. Andy doesn't believe Opie, and Opie is so heartbroken. Believing in your child even when it seems far-fetched. Andy was over the moon when he finally met Mr. McBeeVee.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:05 AM

The one where Aunt Bee is feeding a possible suitor and his 3 or 4 sons. They eat like bull dozers and ruffle Aunt Bee.