Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anita Goodesign Embroidery class >

Anita Goodesign Embroidery class

Anita Goodesign Embroidery class

Old 09-16-2018, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
Thank sJens for the update. I couldn't remember what format the files were on the USB. That is a good question to ask.
They normally have files for all or at least most of the formats available. I know that Viking over the years have several formats and they have them for all of them even the ones for thier first format way back when. You should be good to go as far as that goes.

Also, here they try to group experienced with less experienced to make it easier even though they have helpers assigned to each table

Last edited by romanojg; 09-16-2018 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
I've taken several of their classes and you more than get your money's worth. Most dealers supply the machines for the classes. I know all the ones I've taken the machines have been supplies. All you have to bring is yourself. Although I would recommend taking some good scissors. The ones they supply haven't been the greatest IMHO. Have fun.
Bringing some good scissors for embroidery is such a great idea. Every event I've went to rather its Anita or Floriani or John Deer, they have the worst scissors for trimming embroidery.

There is about 15 or more formats on the flash drive that they give you. I have a totally different machine that is used in class and I've always gotten formats for all of the formats that my machine can use. Which is good because now I have the Brother "Disney" machine and I have that format as well. I copy the whole flash drive onto my pc, all of the formats, etc and then take the format that I want and put it into the folder where I can use it and find it easily. I know some only put the one format on thier pc but I do them all. You don't know if you'll ever use them and if something happens to flash drive, you have a complete backup. I also them keep a copy of my designs and files on a portable hard drive. My Viking software will also let me inventory my thread and I'm almost finished, I can then do a back up of my thread on hand and save it as well on my hard drive, or print it and now they have an app to download it too. Which is great because with all of my machines I have different ones, lots of thread for my sewing, emb, Sashiko, serger. I have different weights, types etc. It helps to back up everything