Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Another Agatha Christie re-make >

Another Agatha Christie re-make

Another Agatha Christie re-make

Old 10-20-2017, 11:36 AM

Oh my gosh, I wish they would quit already! Is there nothing else out there? This is a great story and most of the movies are well done. Well, some of them anyway. I my opinion once you see David Suchet as Poirot, well, you just don't want to see anyone else. For me, after reading all the stories more than once, he IS Poirot. I haven't looked closely but I would guess that this is yet another Kenneth Branaugh produced movie.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by llong0233 View Post
Oh my gosh, I wish they would quit already! Is there nothing else out there? This is a great story and most of the movies are well done. Well, some of them anyway. I my opinion once you see David Suchet as Poirot, well, you just don't want to see anyone else. For me, after reading all the stories more than once, he IS Poirot. I haven't looked closely but I would guess that this is yet another Kenneth Branaugh produced movie.
I have to agree with that. I"m so tired of remakes. Aren't there any new stories in Hollywood? They are remaking things that can't be improved on and it always falls short.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

I just reserved the book at the library. I don't believe I've ever seen it or read it!
Old 10-22-2017, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I have to agree with that. I"m so tired of remakes. Aren't there any new stories in Hollywood? They are remaking things that can't be improved on and it always falls short.
I would love to see a film about Louis Daguerre, considered by many to be the father of photography.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

Boston, there was a great show about Vivian Maier- she was a wonderful photographer who kept all her work private. Nothing was made available until after her death. Very interesting woman.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
I just looked at that long list of characters.
I have ADD, and have a hard time keeping track of characters if they look the same.
like 2 blond men, or 3 old ladies.
how will I ever keep track of these people???
what is the story about, other than someone getting murdered on a train?
Lynnie, it is one of Agatha Christies great murder mysteries. And yes, her stories have been made with numerous actors playing her Poirot. Interested to see this re- make. Has anyone seen it yet or maybe a better question is when is it coming out?
Old 10-22-2017, 06:52 PM

The movie is set to come out on November 10. I love the story and anxious to see the new movie. I don't mind remakes. Sometimes they are better than the old ones.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
The movie is set to come out on November 10. I love the story and anxious to see the new movie. I don't mind remakes. Sometimes they are better than the old ones.
I agree with this. One example is Father of the Bride- the remake with Steve Martin is so much better than the original.
But I also think they should come up with new stories as well! It seems there are a lot of remakes.
I read a ton and many I've read would make great movies in my mind but it's often hard to cram a long book into a 2 hour movie.

Last edited by SusieQOH; 10-23-2017 at 05:02 AM.