Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another snow storm!!

Another snow storm is on it's way. Tomorrow we are expecting more than 12 more inches on top of the 24 inches we got over the weekend!! Aaarrrggghhh!!! Where are we supposed to put it all?!!

Not to sound unsympathetic but, hatever you do, don't send it me!! When I was young and still living at home, there was no where to put the snow except UP UP UP in ever growing piles. We knew Spring must be near when we couldn't see over them anymore. (And, we're all around six fee tall!!) When I started looking for a house, number one priority was finding a south facing driveway. Got one, never regretted it!!

Good luck.

I'm sorry. It is a gorgeous 64 here today, sunny blues skies with some puffy white clouds. I think it is supposed to rain again in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    I'm sorry. It is a gorgeous 64 here today, sunny blues skies with some puffy white clouds. I think it is supposed to rain again in a few days.
    One last thought before I head home... I'll take snow any day over mud slides! Wow!! you can't see them coming.

Send some this way!!! We barely have any!! :?

It has been cold in Maine, but only 2 major snow storms here since New Years. Spring must be coming soon.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The snows the northeast is getting reminds me of the snows I grew up with in PA. 3 feet of snow at a time was what I grew up with. Don't miss it though.

It's great weather up here in Westbank B.C. Canada Had a couple of inches in dec 09 but it melted a couple days after it snowed like it always does, haven't had any snow since it only got to ( + 15 F ) at the coldest so far this winter,if it gets too cold the people who have fruit orchards will have problems

Sorry to hear about all the snow Grammy. We've had rain & I complain, but will quit. I'm in NE Alabama & we get a little sometimes, but nothing to compare with your area. Stay warm.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffbug95
    Send some this way!!! We barely have any!! :?
    Don't worry, storm coming in from Michigan Tuesday night, headed your way!

i live in iowa we havew got use to the mild winters this one is a lot like i grew up with a lot closer to normal the news just said we have 58 inches so far this year the record is 72 we might just break it we have a few more weeks of winter it is suppose to get in the 20's this next week trouble is everone complains when it warms up because we get snow when it is cold we don't get snow i don't know which is better but the snow i really hitting my budget hard about 40 a week to have the guys scop snowe

Blog Entries
    It is SNOWING here and I HATE it. We are in SE Iowa and I am so tired of this stuff! Yeah it is a pain to have to pay someone to shovel snow but I don't have any teens home anymore and I am not up to it! I still have to clean off my van myself tho but I only get out when I want to as I work at home so I am blessed that way.

I would gladly send it to anyone who wants it!! I can still open the back door without trouble but it is building up. I let the dogs out that door so it is my yardstick as to how much we have had. when I have to push the snow back with the door then it is up to about afoot or a foot and a half.
    We aren't there yet but it is deeper out in the yard than by the door.

We are supposed to get snow until Wed. Yuck!!

Yes, after you've had a few months of snow it's time for it to go. I promise I won't complain about our rain here in NE Alabama anymore until another flood comes, then it'll be time to get on the top of the church steeple. Saying prayers everyone stays safe.

please don't say flood we are all concerned about that this year because when the snow melts it has to go someplace and i only live about a 1/4 mile from the river

After looking at photos of people shoveling all the snow, I wonder why no one has invented something like a bigger hair blower to melt the snow instead of shovel it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    If it weren't clear across country from my great grands I'd be on my way. I'm tired to the bone of the cold.

Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by renee765
    After looking at photos of people shoveling all the snow, I wonder why no one has invented something like a bigger hair blower to melt the snow instead of shovel it?
    Snow blowers do exist. You can buy them at Home Depot, among other places. They run from $600 - $1400 there.

I suppose you don't see people using them on the news because it's more entertaining to see people struggling with shovels. Then again, probably most people don't own one.

But I like your creative mind!

we only got a foot last time and are due for another 8 inches tomorrow

Banned
    This is what I woke up to this morning, it was a pretty sight! 4" on the ground and it started rain sleet and snow mixed for the rest of the day and tonite it will be a sheet of ice on the roads until Wednesday or so. I about killed myself trying to get the trash to the curb this evening because my driveway is so steep and it was around an inch of slushy freezing mess on it. Oh well it could be worse I could be up north and have to deal with what you guys have.

Billy

Looking out of my sunroom in my back yard and my neighbors yard
    Name:  Attachment-14095.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  99.9 KB

Star having a blast in the tummy deep snow
    Name:  Attachment-14096.jpe
Views: 4
Size:  20.5 KB

my coon hound went out yesterday. She was belly deep and just stood in the middle of the yard, started to shiver like her bones were going to fall apart, whine and stared at me. I looked at her and said, "well stupid if it is that cold come in the house" I had to wrap her in a quilt on the couch before she stopped shivering.

Blog Entries
    Nice pictures Billy. Snow can be so pretty. :)

Banned
    My Irish Setter loves the snow and she probably went outside at least 50 times this morning alone. The kids next door were playing outside and was tossing snowballs to her so she could catch them. :lol:

They have a Black Lab and he was having a blast in the snow also. Between those two there were a lot of snowballs tossed and caught!!

Billy

Blog Entries
    Believe it or not, when there used to be a little ice formed on top of the snow, I would make little snowballs and roll them on the ice them for my cats - they would go chasing them and loved it!

Love those pictures, Lostn51!

I hear ya! We're expecting anywhere from 10" - 20", starting tuesday noonish. We still have most of the 24" we got last weekend, and we aren't shoveled out yet. It's just me and my 78 year old mom here. I have some lymphedema in my arm, so can't shovel much. My mom's been making a heroic effort, but we still have a half wall between the road and our cars.

Two of my Italian greyhounds after the last blizzard.
    Name:  Attachment-14243.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  158.2 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast