Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Signs of Spring around you?

Smile Any Signs of Spring around you?

I dug under the snow and found three little daffodil shoots just peeking up out of the ground. I covered them back up and told them to go back to sleep as plenty more snow is coming. But it gave me a smile that spring is only a couple months away! Any signs where you live?

Blog Entries
    where do you live?

here in Twin Cities MN, I have not seen signs yet.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My crocus are blooming.

Blog Entries
    Our bushes are starting to bud out, and we never did lose sight of the robins this year! They just hung around all winter!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    We have trees getting ready to bloom. Must be cherry or etc.

Blog Entries
    My roses are showing new growth buds, and my crocus shoots are peeking out!

Blog Entries
    I have daffodils blooming - yellow flowers already and the other plants are about ready to start flowering

I'm just south of Chicago and I have a very confused Tea Rose. He started sprouting. Now I could understand if it was one of my native bush roses that full southern exposure and a fence wall behind them on the north. But the tea rose is completely exposed to the north and west with the wall of the house on the east. Very strange.

A few of the spring bulbs have popped their heads out of the ground and my Ivy is showing signs of color and growth.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Here in my area the everyone's iris bulbs are blooming along with jonquils. Could be because it is 60 degrees here today and was 80 earlier this week. Mother nature is most confused here in North Texas.

mltquilt

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    A Missourian here.. We only had like 2 days of winter... earlier this week it was in the 70's... I am SOOOOO not complaining..

We have all kinds of things blooming around here. I'm afraid a freeze will come along and there goes everything.

Blog Entries
    We have full grown daffodils and lenten roses in our yard. In upstate S.C.

Winter came to Michigan today. We have had sunny weather for much of the month. I am loving it.

Blog Entries

Springtime

Here in New Orleans, we have been having springtime weather on and off, yesterday was like summertime. My camelias have been blooming too. However, the weather man predicts a cold front for Saturday night and Sunday morning. You would think that living here all my life I would be used to the drastic changes in the weather, but it does not happen.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Here outside of Buffalo NY our snowdrops are in full bloom - which is amazing! Actually they began to bloom just a few days into February. It's unheard of! (I'm loving it...)

The robins arrived last week, the daylilies are four inches out of the ground and I see green buds on most of the native bushes around here. Mother Nature is fooling us I believe. It is gray and raining, raining, raining. But so what is new here in Western Washington?
    Sweet Caroline

I'm in SC...about half of my day lilies are open wide and I just noticed that one of my big trees in front of my house (sorry, don't remember what it is...) is about to bloom as well. Hope we don't have a late winter!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I was up North in MN and this am it was 18 degrees with not much snow on the ground. When I got home Southern MN it was 26 degrees with more cold weather for the coming week.

I have snowdrops coming up and a couple of daffodils 1-2" tall peeking out. I'm about 40 miles SW of Chicago.

Blog Entries
    Middle of Missouri here - have been seeing massive flocks of geese flying north for the past two weeks - a sure sign of an early spring. WOOOHOOO!!!
    Nikki in MO

About 30 miles south of St.Louis, my hybrid (big) daffodils are up and last Saturday I could see some buds up also, I will check them tomorrow in the daylight. Birds have been singing as if it were Spring most of this month. Winter temps kind of come and go. A neighbor has a small bunch of early daffodils blooming.
    I am not ready for the heat and humidity to return this soon. Last two Junes we have had very hot temps.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    We haven't had much of a winter yet either!

Blog Entries
    Here's what happens in Idaho this time of year. We have no signs of anything sprouting. Now for what happens. We had 70 degree weather and now we have a very severe wind advisory. This happened about a month ago and our neighbors had a huge blue spruce tree fall over on their pickup. The wind twisted around for about a 4 block area. We lost 40 feet of redwood fence and the soffet (sp?) off our house. The neighbors in the next block had a tree uproot and fell on their house. Did quite some damage. Lots of shingles laying all over the place. Then we got ice and snow. Tonight they're predicting the same thing. Have lived in Idaho 65+ years and never had anything like this happen. It's very still outside right now. I think they call that the lull before the storm. Will report later what happens. Wish I could post pictures on here, but I'm too stupid to figure it out.
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

We are having an early spring, been 78 last 2 days.......daffodils in full bloom, trees flowering and robins
    are here, my orchids have blooms also....everything is to early...
    Nancy

Blog Entries
    All I see when I look out my window is the 6" of new snow we got last night and today. Not a lot of hope for an early Spring!
    Every Sunrise brings a blessing

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast