Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Any of you Quilters also playing Farmville? >

Any of you Quilters also playing Farmville?

Any of you Quilters also playing Farmville?

Old 07-02-2010, 02:55 PM

heya shopella, we can be 'friends' too!!! im on grannys list. i'll send you pm with my name!!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:51 PM

Thanks for advice grandma12 aka superman it is super sound stuff!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 AM

We are into horses as well...have two affectionate and gentle Morgan's, one Halflinger, and a Shetland for the grands to ride when they are over...

Love those gentle giants. Last night had company show up from Arizona that my children had known in their youth...stayed the night with us..just sleeping on the sofa. I needed to have some hot dog buns put in the deep freezer that is out in the guest house, so he came along to steady me...

We sat on the edge of the deck, and after a very short sniff him over, they allowed him to pet and love on him like I do...no treats, no food, just affection and love...rather like dogs, they enjoy a good scratch behind the ears, their harness taken off for a bit, and their main worked with...I get soft nickers when I scratch the right spot... ;-)

Love the look of that big fella your standing beside here...
Old 07-11-2010, 07:25 AM

Maria,
Have been making so many trips to the doctors office with severe back pain...and working on stuff for my new power wheel chair...showing folks how and where I want my furniture moved so the scooter will go more easily around the house...etc.

I have not forgotten you, but had imagined I had a bit more time yet. Right now, I can not bend over to get you more. But I will recover...just be patient with me, and it will all work out in the end.

Pray for my back and energy...blood sugar was 71 this morning..while that beats 245, is also at the low end of the scale and also on the edge of danger zone.

Spine is considerably worse..and so when I take pain meds, can only lay and rest. Not even able to do my hand work.

On the brighter side of life, I met my new doctor for the next 3 years...and even as over whelming a case as I have, he has opted to also accept me as his patient. Very nice bed side manners and a caring attitude...not the time watcher, impatient to move on to the next patient type at all. So I am feeling so relieved and blessed about this need.

Hugs, and let me know just before the last is done...then I will make sure you get more...even if I have to get someone else to do it for me. OK?

I never let those I care about in want...find a way some how to provide for them, and you my dear have become one of those I care about.

Grandma12
Old 07-11-2010, 11:22 AM

I do play farmville. My name at Facebook is Bianca van Amerongen. I'll meet you there! :)
Old 07-16-2010, 06:02 AM

I have what you might think of as a small gentle-woman's farm myself...including 4 horses.

Best feature on Farm Ville? no manure to shovel up...no flies, no mud to wade through to get to the stables to feed them...

No vet fees...etc.

So I have this lovely collection of horses that I can feed without having to go fetch another 50 pound bag of feed, or tote bales of hay...but who am I kidding...I get those strong young men to load the truck, and family to do most of the heavy work here too...but I do have the now rare, occasional good day, when I can gently, slowly walk to the stable, feed the horses, who for me, wait patiently. They know life is different for me. They treat me gently, make way for me, and guard me as if I were one of their own, like the herd guards a new foal.

I do not need to have anything for them to eat, no treat to lure them...they come for the petting and love. I wish I could ride, but just being close to these amazing beasts is a good thing.

Ever had real horse kisses? rather like longer tongues on the dog or cat...their muzzles will mess with my hair, and lip me as if to kiss my skin...then lick the sweaty salt off my skin.

But on Farm Ville, I can make everything look as if it were my dream farm...with wash board fencing to keep them safe and at home, white picket fencing around my chicken coop so they too are safe and not running around...no chicken soup for my neighbors! LOL

And oh the fruit orchard I am building!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:12 PM

heya granma, how are you? I agree about cleaning up around the farm. Our house is built on a top acre on a sheep farm! My f-in-l is the farmer but age & health is catching up with him so my hubby & his 2 brothers do a lot of the work now. And the stink off his clothes when he walks in the door!! Gross!! I get him to strip in the laundry room - defnitly not romantic! LOL!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:22 PM

Catherine...so I can see we are both on facebook and now Farm Ville...

please plow your squares so the rest of us can fertilize it...once we have every square done, then plant a crop that will be ready when you are...

BTW, they have been having so many issues with play...they have turned off "wither" for now...

Would love to see you back to playing ...thank you for taking time to make me your friend and neighbor.

Now if they would come up with a fantasy online quilter/crafter game...we could shop, sip tea and chat over virtual stuff and when we finally see something "just right", try to make it in the real world...

Hugs,
Old 07-17-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by deirdre ann
heya granma, how are you? I agree about cleaning up around the farm. Our house is built on a top acre on a sheep farm! My f-in-l is the farmer but age & health is catching up with him so my hubby & his 2 brothers do a lot of the work now. And the stink off his clothes when he walks in the door!! Gross!! I get him to strip in the laundry room - defnitly not romantic! LOL!
Not so well today Dee...
swim team meet was counties away...long spine jarring trip, and then I could not sit out pool side with family as it was drizzling rain...and go buggy can not get wet, it would burn out the electric motors. By the time we got home, had to pop 2 pain pills, and hit the bed as softly as possible. They also forgot to pack me diabetic foods or drinks...and they had a lovely bbq for all the swimmers & family after the meet...not one thing I could have.

Emotions are in the basement, and body is in such pain.
Got up, and when I stepped outside to have some horse love, that upset my DH. He does not get it...they are gentle with me, loving and affectionate...listen to me gripe and never get upset about any of my "in my head" issues...DH feels like my gripes are just junk to gripe about...none of it really matters...

like ramps so I can get about the house with the wheel chair...or even if it is a clunker, making my car run again, so I can go somewhere ....they never want to take me where I want to go...

I feel like sleeping in the hay out in the horse barn...at least THEY love me...
Old 07-18-2010, 04:54 AM

you really are having a down day, arent you? So, go down to the horses, get a little nuzzle, & tell them your woes, they wont repeat it back to anyone, then stick up your chin & say 'life goes on'!! x
I'll pm you my e-mail, its easier than chasing you round farmville & here! LOL!
Oh I like the idea of a virtual 'quilters/craft game'. Maybe Id get something done!1 : ))