Anybody Do The FlyLady?

Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 PM

I signed up tonight. I need inspiration. I'm going to bed with a sink full of dishes and a dirty sink. And don't even get me started on laundry. ugh!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 PM

I belong
I love it! I live by it. (I try) I do not no matter what ever go to bed with a dirty sink. And our bathroom is always clean. Honest that is some of what I learned.

Sharon You can pm me if you want
Old 03-24-2011, 07:56 PM

Hi Michelle,

I have done, do off and on, the FlyLady system. It sometimes help to just do something for 5 minutes, then allow yourself to rest. Then work again and rest, etc. Sometimes you'll find that starting is the hardest part unless you have medical issues.

Another suggestion is when you need to clean up clutter, to just fill up one plastic grocery bag, then rest, etc.

Her method divides your home into sections. So you'll concentrate on a different section at a time.

I would read through all of her different methods and as you go along you'll see what works best for you.

I think spring is a really good time to start this process. I'm becoming inspired by everyone sharing their organization of their sewing rooms. So thank you to all the ladies who have made postings.

Good luck.

Pam M
Old 03-24-2011, 07:58 PM
np3
Power Poster

I tried it but there were too many emails and instructions for me. I stopped after two weeks.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM

I do a lot of Flylady things without actually joining Flylady...like focusing on one area per week. Shes got some useful ideas.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:05 PM

I've done FlyLady, though I'm not doing it now. I think her system is excellent.

np3: Yes, there are a lot of emails, but you don't have to sign up for them to be a flybaby. And all those instructions are meant to be done in baby steps so you don't get overwhelmed.

Added to original post: I was going to say my current situation doesn't require FlyLady cleaning methods, and then I remembered how it can be used to organize anything. I need some help with that re work and personal tasks, so now I'm going to join you and use FlyLady's methods for those things. Thanks for starting this thread!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:11 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisanne
I've done FlyLady, though I'm not doing it now. I think her system is excellent.

np3: Yes, there are a lot of emails, but you don't have to sign up for them to be a flybaby. And all those instructions are meant to be done in baby steps so you don't get overwhelmed.

Added to original post: I was going to say my current situation doesn't require FlyLady cleaning methods, and then I remembered how it can be used to organize anything. I need some help with that re work and personal tasks, so now I'm going to join you and use FlyLady's methods for those things. Thanks for starting this thread!
Unfortunately I signed up for everything. WOW!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Power Poster

I do the dishes, but it is time to progress from there.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:38 PM

Yes, and even at my age it works. This year's motto is

I can do Seven in Two Eleven. (7 in 2011)

Used to be 15 minutes, but some of us find it hard to concentrate on one room for that length of time, so she shortened it.

Marvelous what you can do when you concentrate on something for a mere seven minutes.

I do good for some time, back slide, then start again. But in all this, every time I start again, I find that I'm way ahead of where I first started. De clutter. Get rid of everything that you don't love, haven't used for at least a year, have no use for, or doesn't make you happy to look at it. Donate it, sell it, give it away, or put it on FreeCycle (Meet someone at a public place, never invite strangers to your house.) I've given things on FreeCycle and gotten some nice ones in return, but always met them at a cafe in town with a lot of parking in front of it.

Flylady is the best way of doing things that i've ever seen since I watched my little Grandma keep up with her housework, work on her garden and can a winter's worth of foods, dry other foods, wash outside on Mondays and iron on Tuesdays, cook for her family and whomever came to visit, keep up with housework with the help of one little girl who thought of any kind of housework with revulsion, sewed with an old treadle machine, and kept up with various farm animals that were considered "Women's work". She MUST have had a system, but the only one I remember is "Wash on Monday and iron on Tuesday" and she even ironed sheets and pillow cases and even my feed sack panties!!

Flylady is a marvel for us casual housekeepers. Love her.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by txstitcher
I signed up tonight. I need inspiration. I'm going to bed with a sink full of dishes and a dirty sink. And don't even get me started on laundry. ugh!
I get the emails. My sink is now clean when I go to bed. Wish I did more, though!