Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
anybody fractured their sacrum? >

anybody fractured their sacrum?

anybody fractured their sacrum?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

Bruised mine severely a few years ago when I got a sudden urge to channel my inner teenager and decided to go roller blading. Hurt like a son-of-a-gun and nothing I could do but ride it out.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I'd have it Xrayed, but when I broke mine twice as a teenager, the only think I had to do was wear my mother's girdle and stand in my classes, no sitting. That was a long time ago. First I fell down a hill getting to the lake to skate and then was thrown from a horse. Both times I found a rock. Ouch!
i know that rock!! i rolled over onto it while camping! next time i took the time to blow up the air mattress, LOL. i was able to sit on a donut pillow for about six weeks. after that i just gritted my teeth and sat gingerly. sounds like you're really concerned about it, i think a trip to your dr. would alleviate your worries and stress. a little tylenol wouldn't be amiss. hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 PM

OMG!! I have never done that, but can imagine how painful that is for you! See the Dr. and have it checked....maybe they can give you some pain relief until it's healed. I hope you are better VERY soon!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by suebee
Acutally when I had my son, my Coccyx fractured. I still have trouble with it today, but beats the surgery they say they can do. So I can say I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! not fun. Be careful on those stairs!
The surgery actually helped MIL a lot!
Old 03-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
those stairs are murder this week... i fell yesterday on our stairs and broke my arm!!
Oh bluteddi NO!!!!!
Bummer..
Was it a clean break? Hope it heals fast and your able to get back to your regular quilting etc really soon....
Old 03-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

ouch too. not your sewing arm i hope!!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:56 PM

I fractured my sacrum about years ago in a skiing incident. Got taken off the mountain in a toboggan, then by ambulance to an ER that was crazy busy. The doctor there said I fractured my hip but he said I didn't want to get it fixed there, go home and get it done. Drugs and 7 hour drive later, a local ortho doctor said I had a fractured sacrum -S3. Said to use a walker, get off the crutches, and take it easy. Nothing they could to do about it. I couldn't roll over in bed for two weeks! No steps. Couldn't get into the bathtub/shower. Still bothers me if I do a lot of exercise or gardening. But I still go skiing, just not as long a day as I used to. And I take it easy!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

thanks. i just ordered a pillow with the cut out for my tailbone. i have some fabric (believe it or not) folded up and am sitting on that. helps keep my tailbone from hurting a bit when sitting.
my toe is broken but will heal also without the Doctor.
i'm a bit better for now, so will see tomorrow how i'm feeling. i'm tired of going to the Doctor for help only to be told nothing can be done. so we will see. I will probably sleep in the recliner tonight like i did when i broke my collar bone. fun, fun.