Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
anybody fractured their sacrum? >

anybody fractured their sacrum?

anybody fractured their sacrum?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

30 yrs ago i fractured my tail bone. took two years to get over that. I just fell down the stairs but had hold of the railing.hit hard on my lower back on a stair and my head hit another. my head is fine but my back of course hurts. difficult to sit down at all. i got lunch done though.
if it isn't bad, they do nothing for it. anybody done this?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

ouch!!!!! so sorry to hear of your pain. the upside is that you will get more exercise by not being able to sit down :)
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Power Poster

well my toes on one foot hurt too. bent them i guess. i have thin bones and fractured a vertabrae a yr ago near my waist. so just a bit worried i fractured something this time. if just sore, that's fine. i will wait to see how i do and go to the doctor if necessary. when i hurt my back i went and got an x-ray. the techs would not help me down or up off the table. jeesh. i almost didn't make if off that thing. i'd torn my back muscles too and they just stood there. insurance worries maybe? silly people. '
i wont' let them do that again. they are there to help white haired people, if only out of courtesy. :roll:
Old 03-28-2011, 10:12 AM

Ouch !!
Hope your feeling better soon, and YES they are there to help you. If they don't offer then ask for help. If they still don't help then ask for the Hospital admin.
I'm sure that though they are a hospital, business isn't good enough to turn away patients.
Now put your sewing machine up on the kitchen counter so you can stand and sew til your "bumm" feels better. ;)
Faith :XD:
Old 03-28-2011, 10:12 AM

Acutally when I had my son, my Coccyx fractured. I still have trouble with it today, but beats the surgery they say they can do. So I can say I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! not fun. Be careful on those stairs!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

I've heard about fracturing during giving birth. i did mine falling off a bicycle. couldn't wear slacks for almost a year, nor sit in a sideways seat on the bus. standing or laying down was fine. i was told i put my tail bone out of joint. didn't find out till i moved up to Colorado that i'd really fractured it.
me old bones aren't healing well now, so that's the only reason i'm a bit worried. as long as nothing moves or pinches, i guess i will be all right.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:27 AM

OUCH, that is a very painful break. Sounds like you should have some x-rays done. Breaking a bone as we age can sometimes cause more compications. Don't worry - go to the doctor and have a look-see.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:32 AM

I'd have it Xrayed, but when I broke mine twice as a teenager, the only think I had to do was wear my mother's girdle and stand in my classes, no sitting. That was a long time ago. First I fell down a hill getting to the lake to skate and then was thrown from a horse. Both times I found a rock. Ouch!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 AM

Yep, I broke my tailbone completely in half, thrown from a horse....I was a police officer, couldn't work the road at all, so I, literally, stood up for six weeks, writing reports over the phone....:) ...Good luck with yours...hope it heals quickly....
Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 AM

those stairs are murder this week... i fell yesterday on our stairs and broke my arm!!