Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
anyone believe in premonitions >

anyone believe in premonitions

anyone believe in premonitions

Old 06-08-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I'm so glad youre okay! Stitchnwitch, thats so sad! Is your DD okay now?
She hobbles around, is in constant pain but is not self conscious about the appearance of her leg. I just can't look at it. She had to quit her job (hair stylist) and now has been unemployed since the accident. She lost a heck of alot, but does still have her life. Thanks CarrieAnne for asking.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Has she checked with Vocational Rehabilitation to ask for help in going to school for another career where she can sit instead of stand like hairdressers? Also, is she eligible for Disability? There are programs out there to help people and you have to connect with the right Counselors & read & learn about The Ticket to Work. You can get what is called a PASS Account to start a new home based business if you qualify & write up a Business Plan. I pray she's willing to go back to school or college & get retrained. That would give her a new outlook on life and a salary. I started this four years ago and got the run-around for 2 yrs, but was persistent & asked to speak to the Head of the Regional Vocational Rehabilitation Office. She came 30 miles to meet me & when I told her what I thought I could do if I had office set up, desk, computer, Emb Sewing Machine, Serger & other supplies. Once I got to the point I needed more money than they gave me initially, I was able to apply to the Social Security Office, PASS Cadre in B'ham, AL. I was approved for X # of dollars per month to get a better vehicle, fabric and sewing/cutting tables, scissors, etc. That lasted 18 months and at the end of twelve months, I can reapply for more money if I need it and can show them on paper my Plan. There is a lot of info online, just have to know where to look. I'll be praying this info helps her to get going. I live with constant pain; however, I'm not letting it stop me from doing something I like, plus bring in supplementary money to run my business and buy a few things to better my life.

I have a list of medical conditions; however, there are programs that help Disabled people. If she qualifies for Disability, she can get Medicare Medical Insurance in two years. It's not the best, but it takes care of Medicare Part D for Prescription Drugs, and other benefits. I had bilateral total knee replacements last July and I've had back surgery. I still have back problems and I have good & bad days. I have to deal with it. I hope this info helps you & your daughter. Please encourage her not to give up.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:32 PM

How do I delete this duplicated post? Anyone?