Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
anyone believe in premonitions >

anyone believe in premonitions

anyone believe in premonitions

Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 PM

Oh my goodness....glad you're ok!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 PM

So glad you're "ok"! That "feeling" has happened to my so many times. Two weeks ago, I was driving my dd to school, and just after going through a 4-way stop, I saw a pick-up at the edge of a hardware store parking lot. There was a big work truck and trailer parked on the curb between us and he didn't see me. In that split second that he was out of my view behind the other truck, I got that weird feeling and all the hair on the back of my neck stood up. He pulled out right into us. I only had the time to swerve as hard as I could. If I hadn't done that he would have smashed right into my 2yr old sons door. Everyone was totally ok, the passenger window blew out and scared us pretty badly but we're OK! Pay extra attention when your intuition speaks to you, its always right.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 PM

Yes, I've had plenty of premonitions in my life, so I certainly believe in them.

I'm very glad that you had this one and got through it as well as you did!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 PM

My Mother had them, now I have them & since in my 40s & I'm 62 now, so get a few funny looks from my Son, grand kids & friends. I'm going, Oh no, they think I've lost it, again!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 AM

I am so glad you are ok. There are so many (seniors included) out there that love riding their Harleys. A couple weeks after my daughter got married, she went on a ride with her husbands best friend. On the busy road outside Springfield MO the bike skidded, they were thrown - his leg came off. She still had her leg but it has been over 2 years and she is still in pain, about 1/4 of the front of her leg is missing. To top it off, her husband walked out on her when she was still in the hospital. I just am scared of bikes now even tho my 60 yo sil rides her Harley all over the US.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dglvr
Yes sometimes I have premonitions. You sit back and think wow that was weird.
Glad you both are doing as well as you are. You were wearing your helmets right? Some states like Idaho don't have a helmet law. When I go to Idaho I can't believe the amount of riders with no helmet. I had a crash 30 years ago and the only reason why I'm still here is my helmet. Can;t beleive I still ride.
I don't remember anything about the accident though. Sometimes I wish I did. I probably wouldn't ride now.
I am going to sell my motorcycle. I can't afford to go down.
My back is bad enough. Maybe I'll do that today. Put it up for sale.
Glad your okay. ;)
If it helps you to sell...three years ago, my DH was on his going maybe 25 and slowing for a red light. Two lanes and there was a car in the inside lane, behind him on his left.
When the light changed before they got to it, the guy in the car, going to a laundrymat, decided he couldn't wait to turn in, (which was on the right), so he whipped past my hubby, cut him off and went right on in the parking lot, got out, got his laundry and proceeded in the store.
Meanwhile, my husband hit his brakes to avoid hitting the right back bumper/taillight, fell and slid...helmet - absolutely...and broke two ribs, almost puncturing his lung, and was badly bruised all up and down his right side, and stunned badly.
The police called me and put him on the phone, bc he was denying an ambulance.
I jumped in the car!
Somebody that saw the accident had to go in the laundrymat and get the guy that left him on the wet road!!!
I got there and as soon as I saw my husband I knew I had better figure out some fancy talk fast, bc he was going to the hospital, one way or another.
We went. That event triggered a build up of fluids in his lungs, until he had to have surgery for the left one bc he was drowning.
It was almost FULL! :shock:
Stuff and stuff, and from December 06 to November 07, he went down until he became permanently disabled.
He is ok, but not the same and there are other factors, but it was all triggered by that fall from the motorcycle that nearly killed him at 15 mph!

About premonitions...Absolutely I have had more than one and one was so detailed and precise, it wigged me out...but a family knew to unplug their father from all machines, bc of it...
ONLY I don't call mine premonitions.
I believe we all have this sixth sense. Haven't figured out why it only happens sometimes.
I think I only get them when i am open. They have only been about death or warnings of danger!
There is a book by Gavin DeBecker called, "The Gift Of Fear", and I believe the man is on target.
I couldn't finish reading it, too disturbing, but it pays to pay attention to your inner voice, from above.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

So glad you weren't more seriously hurt. I am still to passionate about riding so not yet ready to give mine up.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Banned

I am so glad you are o.k.

My DH was in MC accident in 1976. WHen they took him to the first hospital they told him they could not help him so the ambulance too him to another hospital.

First they said he wouldn't live

Next they said he would never walk again

Then they said he would never be able to turn his foot to face front again

Then they told him he would be in the hospital about 6 months.

21 DAYS later, in a full cast groin to ankle with 8" metal plate & pins and screws in his leg --- he WALKED out of the hospital.

The next day --- he called a friend to bring he motorcycle over & they went for a ride!

His then wife told him NO MORE MC!

about 10 years later they divorced and he got a motorcycle! I LOVED to ride with him. We don't have one now and part of me still wants to ride, part of me is glad we don't have one.

Doctor told him to get a hobby even if it is m/c riding!

My DH says that if you ride a MC and haven't had a wreck --- just wait your time is coming.

To all who do ride -- RIDE SAFE!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

I'm so glad youre okay! Stitchnwitch, thats so sad! Is your DD okay now?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:32 AM

I glad u are all alright. Premonitions happen be sure to listen to them.