Anyone do Stitch Fix?

Old 10-02-2017, 04:31 PM

Default Anyone do Stitch Fix?

I am interested in Stitch Fix, a Web-based service that delivers clothes to your door step based on a questionnaire you complete. Has anyone tried it? I really want to see what clothes they would send, but, at $20 for each shipment, it's not free. I know the $20 is taken off the price of any clothes you decide to keep, but it's still an expense if you decide you don't want anything they send.

I would appreciate any input anyone would like to share. Thank you in advance.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:38 PM

I have heard it's expensive. The girls at work tried to sign me up and I said no. Each item is expensive and it coast more to send something back. They tell me it's cheaper to buy everything even if you don't like it. It was not something I was interested in.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Power Poster

I have only seen the commercial on TV. Some of the colors ans designs on the clothes would not be for me.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:08 AM

I know a couple of young gals that use it and they love it. They are clothes hounds and usually buy everything they send them. I don't buy that many clothes any more so it would not work for me. Shipping too expensive. I can buy things from different websites that have free shipping and free returns.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:15 AM

I haven't seen anything on their commercials I would wear. I would rather be able to touch and feel and try on before buying.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:24 AM

Have found a lot of nice and inexpensive clothing at our local second hand shops. On retirement income I find that clothing price are outrageous.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

I've never heard of it but sometimes I order clothes online and have mixed success. I try to get free ship and free return ship when I do.
I know one thing- I hate clothes shopping!
Old 10-03-2017, 02:44 PM

My daughter tried it, liked and used one outfit and sent another back. You have to give them a lot of info and feedback to get things you like. She didn't mention shipping costs so I don't know. Then she found a resale shop locally that she really likes so hasn't ordered from them anymore. So, you might give it a try, see if it works for you. There isn't a long term commitment with them as with some similar companies.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:30 PM

I have tried Stitch Fix. It wasn't a success for me. I am a "sales" kinda gal, usually won't buy anything unless it's on sale. They offer a great discount & free shipping IF you order all 5 items sent. I never liked all 5 items. I did keep a few pieces, but I did consider them expensive! Nice brands and they also send accessories. I bought legging type pants ($75), a very cute dress ($90), very nice clutch purse ($40) & a shirt during a few month period. I didn't select to have regular shipments, you can request an order on an "as needed" basis. I was looking to update my closet and wanted to see if fashion consultants would help me do that. Sadly, I have never worn the pants or dress and I bought the purse for my daughter. I don't like to shop and much prefer to order online and send back what I don't want.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:10 AM

D.Henson, at those prices I would never buy anything. Around my small farming area we might spend $75 in a whole year on clothes.
I wear more classic styles, aka NOT the current styles. Also we have a couple nice resale shops if we want something 'new' to add to our closet, both are my go to stores. I prefer to have a local 'hands on' approach to any clothing.