Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone else get nerve ending pains? >

Anyone else get nerve ending pains?

Anyone else get nerve ending pains?

Old 05-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am not diabetic but I get those stabbing pains and it will be in the oddest of places. Just like youy explained it feels like someone is stabbing me with a needle and just in one tiny little spot then it's gone. It only lasts for a few seconds and hurts when it happens. I always tell my kids that someone somewhere has a voodoo doll of me and likes to stab it everyonce in a while. LOL!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:24 AM

I have constant pain like that in my hips and legs the only thing that helps is Neuratin or generic form gapatetin if I miss a dose I know it I take 1800mg a day
Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 AM

Well, mine will never go away because it is in my right hand and from a car accident years ago. Every time someone shakes my hand, it is awful. Church -weddings -funerals -getting bank loans. I didn't apply for a job I wanted because I knew it would involve shaking hands.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

Neurontin is for nerve pain. does your Doctor think anything will help. i've had it a bit so i know what you mean.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Rhonda - you changed your avatar - and I didn't recognize "you" - it's lovely

I'm sorry you are having these pains - hope you can get some relief from them.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:09 AM
RDM

I have one knee when I bend down shoots unbearable pain. I had sciatica so relate to "craftybear" on that one, kept me awake for a year. If you haven't seen a MD you might consider it, as your pain could be treatable. My heart goes out to you and hope your pain eases up. We may get senior discounts but who said getting older was fun?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am not diabetic but I get those stabbing pains and it will be in the oddest of places. Just like youy explained it feels like someone is stabbing me with a needle and just in one tiny little spot then it's gone. It only lasts for a few seconds and hurts when it happens. I always tell my kids that someone somewhere has a voodoo doll of me and likes to stab it everyonce in a while. LOL!!!
that's it exactly CJ. I have had them for years and they are more annoying than anything but at times you get one that doesn't want to stop. I had one in the tip of my third toe on my left foot while I was trying to drive yesterday! LOL I had my shoe off and had to keep curling the end of the toe under and keep pressure on it to stand the pain. I would let go and a few secs later it would stab again. It finally quit but it is hard to do that and drive! It's like an itch only a sharp painful one!

I get the cramps in my feet too when I am trying to drive. I sometimes have to stop and get out and walk it off.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Rhonda, have you had a physical lately??? You mentioned bananas helping with leg cramps which tells me you are low in potassium maybe.
Especially since you are diabetic you should get blood work done.
I'm sorry you have those pains hon!!!
Hope this HUG is soothing :)
Sue
sue I have been to my dr twice in the last few weeks. I am battling exzema or psoriasis in the palm of my rt hand. She took blood work just a few weeks ago. She doesn't think I should take pills just eat bananas. Which I love but I have a hard time keeping them without them going bad.

thanks sue I appreciate the support. It's just something I have lived with almost all my life but is sooooooo annoying!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Rhonda - you changed your avatar - and I didn't recognize "you" - it's lovely

I'm sorry you are having these pains - hope you can get some relief from them.
Ahh Bear you know me! I can't leave the same pic for long!! LOL Variety is the spice of life!! Actually I get bored easily and have to see something else for awhile!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

thank you everyone! I am so sorry so many have such pain to deal with. For the most part I don't have the constant pain. I am diabetic and a chocaholic so those two things battle it out constantly! LOL
I do have hypothyroidism that affects my daily life alot and really really need to lose weight. I have trouble breathing and I know my weight is my biggest problem there. Tho I have one lung that is closed off on the bottom 1/3 and I think that plays a part too.

I have battled anemia my whole adult life it seems. some days I feel like I am going to sink into a puddle on the floor. I can barely lift one foot in front of the other.

but it is all good. I get to sew and spend time with my grands every weekend and I read alot so life is good!

I lost half my blood when I was 44 and had to go on depoprovera(sp?) shots for ayear and take those dumb echocardiogram tests every month to see if the fluid around my heart was gone yet so I could have surgery. So then I had the complete hysterechtomy due to huge fibroids. That was the reason for the blood loss. I have said since then I turned 44 and fell apart!! LOL

Be careful what you say as your words might come back to bite you!
I always told my kids that it's ok it isn't the end of the world. It could be worse!

so I find out I have to have this surgery and I am devastated as I had never had surgery except for having my tubes tied. When I came out of that anesthia(haveing my tubes tied) I could hear my mom and Glen talking but couldn't move or talk and I freaked as I am claustrophobic. So to know I had to do that again was freaking me out. Then the anesthesioligist kept telling me he didn't know if I would make it through the surgery because my stomach would press on my heart when they had me slanted upside down during surgery. I was petrified and didn't want to have the surgery. But they told me I had to or I would die from the bleeding.

So my 6 ft son is following behind me as we walk down the hall going Mom It could be worse! I so wanted to scream I don't want to hear it! But I knew he was just trying to be comforting!LOL