Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone else have cats who act like dogs? >

Anyone else have cats who act like dogs?

Anyone else have cats who act like dogs?

Old 01-31-2011, 01:34 PM

The female cats would love my brother growing up and have nothing to do with my mom and me. The males just loved attention all the time. I think the females are used to being independent and the males just want attention....hmmmm wonder if I might be on to something???
Old 01-31-2011, 01:35 PM

No but I have a husband that acts like a child lol
Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 AM

My cat Bitty used to play fetch, with any kind of toy...a ball, string, etc. But now that she's almost 4 she's too "dignified" for such games.

My other cat Willie wants to lick my face, just like a dog. Unfortunately, he chooses the middle of the night to do it. Ever have your eyelid licked by a rough scratchy tongue at 2:00 a.m.?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by ShowMama
My cat Bitty used to play fetch, with any kind of toy...a ball, string, etc. But now that she's almost 4 she's too "dignified" for such games.

My other cat Willie wants to lick my face, just like a dog. Unfortunately, he chooses the middle of the night to do it. Ever have your eyelid licked by a rough scratchy tongue at 2:00 a.m.?
Ever been drooled on at 2am? Love him but my cat Rudy is a drooler plus he insists on sleeping just above my head on my/his pillow. I've knicknamed him Rudy Drooliani! (apologies to the other Rudy)
Old 02-01-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by ShowMama

Ever been drooled on at 2am? Love him but my cat Rudy is a drooler plus he insists on sleeping just above my head on my/his pillow. I've knicknamed him Rudy Drooliani! (apologies to the other Rudy)
Well, at least Willie doesn't drool. But we do have the mine/his thing going on with my pillow.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:51 AM

Eddie and Ophelia will both stand on their hind legs for treats. Eddie more than Ophelia. Sometimes she'll be like "I'm not coming over. You can't make me stand on my hind legs!" Usually when I try to give her a treat Eddie will try to get it himself...standing on his hind legs. They've both learned how to stick their paw into the bottle and grab a treat for themselves (luckily they haven't figured out how to open the bottle). I think Eddie learned it from Ophelia. First time I opened the bottle to see what they would do Ophelia reached in and got a treat by getting it between the pads on her paw (definatly the smarter one out of the two). Eddie tried sticking his face into the bottle and kept doing it, not realizing that he could only get his nose int he bottle.

The other day they were in my room and at some point they wanted to get out so they were trying to get the door opened. Ophelia was trying to get it opened when Eddie jumped on her and knocked her down (reminded me of when we had Skynard and he played with the neighbour's dogs). She looked so irritated with him. If cats could talk she probably would've said "You idiot! I'm trying to get us out!"
Old 02-01-2011, 11:10 AM

My Gabby loves to chase the dogs around the house and pounces on them when they aren't looking. She "talks" to the dogs and picks on them! She is just very unique and loveable. For being a female, she is very loving.