Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone here doing Weight Watchers? >

Anyone here doing Weight Watchers?

Anyone here doing Weight Watchers?

Old 05-15-2011, 06:12 PM

I started after the first of the year and a loving it...it works! I've tried in the past but quit after a few weeks or a month or two. I'm really motivated now since I watch my DGD and I figured there is no way I can eat a sleeve of Mint Milanos and tell HER to eat an apple!!! Have to set a good example.

Funny thing happened tonight. I allow myself a glass of wine one weekend night per week. Tonight I decided to check the ounces I poured and guess what? The glass I thought was 8 oz. is really 14 oz. (to the rim), so my half glass of wine was almost double what I had thought!!!! Oh dear....

What has been your experience with WW?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:18 PM

I use Sparkpeople.com to help me with these matters. WW is great as well. Good for you for choosing a positive path for your health.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:18 PM

I've tried it in the past, ready to try again as I know it has changed a bit. My daughter and I both need to use it but just haven't found the right aha moment that says, "it's time!!)

Double dose of wine might do it, I'm willing to do most anything when I've had a bit too much wine!!LOL!!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:02 PM

I did do WW and did ok. I finally made the decision to have lap band surgery. I need to find a support group and do miss WW very much for that. What ever your chosen path, keep up the great work.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
I've tried it in the past, ready to try again as I know it has changed a bit. My daughter and I both need to use it but just haven't found the right aha moment that says, "it's time!!)

Double dose of wine might do it, I'm willing to do most anything when I've had a bit too much wine!!LOL!!
I think right now the sign-up is free. The big change in the program is that all fruits and nearly all vegetables are free! Also, you get 49 free points every week and that works well for weddings, birthday parties, restaurants, etc. Good luck to you and your daughter.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
I did do WW and did ok. I finally made the decision to have lap band surgery. I need to find a support group and do miss WW very much for that. What ever your chosen path, keep up the great work.
Did surgery work for you? I understand a lot of people have that procedure done now. Hope it was successful and that you are feeling well!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
Originally Posted by dakotamaid

I think right now the sign-up is free. The big change in the program is that all fruits and nearly all vegetables are free! Also, you get 49 free points every week and that works well for weddings, birthday parties, restaurants, etc. Good luck to you and your daughter.
Thank you, I'll check it out.:)