Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone know how to treat head to toe pain? >

Anyone know how to treat head to toe pain?

Anyone know how to treat head to toe pain?

Old 12-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Default Anyone know how to treat head to toe pain?

Ok, first let me say that I'm closing in on 60, overwieght and out of shape and that this is basically a warning for anyone else out there that just might be contemplating doing the same stupid thing that I did.

DH got DD Just Dance I, II, & III for Christmas. If these things have been brought into your house, BEWARE----DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OUT DANCE A TWELVE YEAR OLD!!!!
After dancing to Rasputin (2x), Iko Iko, Can't Touch This, Mambo No. 5, The Mashed Potato, and Cotton Eyed Joe (3x) yesterday I can truthfully say that I hurt from my head to my toes more than anywhere else. I can't figure out what hurts the most.

When she goes back to school I'm going to dance 2 songs a day for the first week, then add another song each week as a fun way to try and get back into a little bit better shape. I'm glad she's not going back for another week so that I have time to feel better. Sheeewww!

Last edited by raptureready; 12-26-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:00 PM

My chiropractor prescribed 20-minute ice packs on the small of my back. That has really helped pains in nect and legs and feet after only a few applications. Maybe it is the quiet room and soft relaxation music that helps also. I enjoy those 20 minutes!
Old 12-26-2011, 07:07 PM

I need an ice pack for my back.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready View Post
Ok, first let me say that I'm closing in on 60, overwieght and out of shape and that this is basically a warning for anyone else out there that just might be contemplating doing the same stupid thing that I did.

DH got DD Just Dance I, II, & III for Christmas. If these things have been brought into your house, BEWARE----DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OUT DANCE A TWELVE YEAR OLD!!!!
After dancing to Rasputin (2x), Iko Iko, Can't Touch This, Mambo No. 5, The Mashed Potato, and Cotton Eyed Joe (3x) yesterday I can truthfully say that I hurt from my head to my toes more than anywhere else. I can't figure out what hurts the most.

When she goes back to school I'm going to dance 2 songs a day for the first week, then add another song each week as a fun way to try and get back into a little bit better shape. I'm glad she's not going back for another week so that I have time to feel better. Sheeewww!
I suggest you do a half of one each day before adding a whole one . Staring tomorrow or you will just get sore again, They are muscles you have not used screaming at you! Take a hot bath and soak those sore muscles, there is a reason they are sore, and that is from under use. I have the same problem. I am not over weight but not exercising the way I should so get sore, If I do not keep it up I stay sore!!
Old 12-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Banned

you just made my laugh til the tears ran down my legs..hehehehe...
oh my...I found this out lasts year doing just the Wii stuff...wanted to the get dance things this year, glad I did not..hehe...and I used to dance all night and into the wee hours...yeah...15 years ago..hehehe
will try the ice packs as well...seeing a chiro soon too!
Old 12-26-2011, 07:37 PM

Oh my! I feel your pain! A few years ago our youngest daughter and her husband got a Wii and I spent Christmas evening boxing with my 8 year old grandson who thought beating the heck out of Meme was great! lol Needless to say, the next morning, I couldn't move! Have you ever taken Motrin or Aleve for pain? If you can take that, they are anti inflammatory meds and it is the inflammation of the muscles that you haven't used in a while that are giving you the problem. Why don't you give your doc a ring and see what he suggests or if he thinks one of the meds I mentioned might be helpful. Good luck. Up North is right, gentle exercise tomorrow is important, those muscles will just tense up again if you don't continue to work them. Even just gentle walking will increase the blood flow and will help the soreness just by warming up the muscles again.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

I'm in need of exercise too. I think I'll take a lesson from you and take it slow and easy for the next few days
Old 12-26-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
you just made my laugh til the tears ran down my legs..hehehehe...
oh my...I found this out lasts year doing just the Wii stuff...wanted to the get dance things this year, glad I did not..hehe...and I used to dance all night and into the wee hours...yeah...15 years ago..hehehe
will try the ice packs as well...seeing a chiro soon too!
Are you sure those were tears??? LOL I'm going to take some Tylenol PM tonight. Right now I have to be very careful what meds I take. And I'm sitting here with ice on my lower back.
To paraphrase Scarlett, "As God is my witness, I'll practice until I'll never be sore again."
Old 12-26-2011, 07:48 PM

Oh too funny...I was in your shoes a few weeks ago. My 6 year GD was doing the dance 1 and I knew I had it at home but hadn't even opened it. I tried it the next day and was hilarious...boy was I BAD! Then the next morning I was worse than BAD -- I was not only BAD I was sore! So I can safely say, "I feel your pain".

Work it out girl, work it out.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:18 PM

You have my sympathy, but I admit I had to laugh! OTOH, thanks for the recommend about the dance DVDs. I think I'll order them (and pace myself).

btw, never knew you were so old (not trying to offend - I'm not far behind you). I assumed you were a young late 20s/early 30s mom.