Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone start working on gifts for 2011 yet? >

Anyone start working on gifts for 2011 yet?

Anyone start working on gifts for 2011 yet?

Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 PM

Since my last note on this thread, I have made 4 'humbug' bags. Right now I have eight chicken potholders cut out and these are for my Christmas 2011 gifts. I think a few a month will be great. Hope I can still keep that in mind come summer months.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:09 PM

Yes I have started a couple of things, but I have 4 things I need to make before the year is over as a Pay it Forward. As soon as I get the right fabric, I will get them made. Payday is coming and I hope that I have the extra money to get what I need to do the Pay it Forwards. :)
Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
well now lets see one is still working on 2009 gifts, some from last year then we have the fox trotters going forward to 2011, trying to see where I fit in. hmmm my secret. :)
If you hurry, you can start 2012 projects. :) I have in mind what I want to do for 2012, just have to figure out how many I need!!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM

I have 3 quilts I am working on to give as gifts this year. I keep getting all these ideas and then get anxious to start them.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by adrianlee
Since my last note on this thread, I have made 4 'humbug' bags. Right now I have eight chicken potholders cut out and these are for my Christmas 2011 gifts. I think a few a month will be great. Hope I can still keep that in mind come summer months.
Wtg You are doing well!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
Are you kidding? I'm still working on last year's choir gifts! Technically, I told them last year I'm giving Epiphany gifts from now on. Well, today is Epiphany and I delivered some presents early to 4 members on Sunday night. But I have 5-6 more to deliver on Sunday morning.

I've realized something about myself. I sew slowly and meticulously. It took me almost a whole day to fussy cut, front and back, the towel toppers, centering the image on the front then cutting another one upside down so that when it wrapped around the stove handle it would be right side up.

Then I cut interfacing for both sides, ironed that on and made the tops. Then I box pleated the towels instead of just running a gathering stitch, basted the pleats and finally inserted that into the tops and stitched into place. I do have 5 more tops cut out and ready to sew with interfacing already ironed on but, really, does it take anyone else this long to make things???

Oh, and don't laugh please, I made my first yo-yo last night! See, I'm not a 'hand' person ... that's the 'H' word in my book. And I have arthritis in my hands and have had my thumb fused so it doesn't bend.

Anyone have any good tricks for 'gripping' a hand needle so I don't keep dropping the darned thing? I have to place it back into my hand with my other hand which is a pain in the neck! because the thumb is not fused at an angle that allows me to pick up small things like a time, a pin, a needle!

However, I am pain free in the thumb since they fused the joint!

Peggy

I use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull the needle and thread through when I started sewing, after I had surgery on my right thumb. It was kind of clumsy at first but it did work.