Apologies

Old 03-24-2011, 02:45 AM

sometimes we have to put on some armor..i started a post about an issue i was having with my dog..and i was shocked at some of the replies on how to deal with the issue. lucky for me, a few people PM'd me with not only advice and help, but with comforting words..
so buck up girlfriend..your good!
i found the perfect flannel sheet with snowmen on it for a Christmas quilt..it turned out and washed up, beautifully!
:thumbup:
Old 03-24-2011, 02:48 AM

echobluff, I read your post yesterday and saw noting in it that was offensive. Everyone has their idea of what is preferable and sometimes ideas conflict with someone elses.. That is okay. What a boring world it would be if we all liked the same flavor of ice cream...lol I do plan to try using a sheet just to see how it works. Stay with us and post when you want to... As long as there are different people on here there will be different ideas. There are plenty of us at your side.. Looking for more posts from you.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:51 AM

Be of good faith, and leaveth not. In this world, you are always going to find a few who so strongly believe that their ideas are the only ones. What you need to know is, there is a host of others who will not believe those ideas. There are timid people who will not comment at all, so the voices you hear are often the bold and opinionated. It is your choice, who you wish to listen to, or maybe only to your own inner voice. Please do not be chased away by a vocal few. I might like to hear your inner voice.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 AM

Honey, opinions are just that - they're someone's personal thoughts.....they are not right or wrong, they are your own thoughts. When we stop being able to have opinions, then something is very very wrong...It's no different than when someone has asked us about which sewing machine we like the best.. That's like a car, we all like what we like, but we don't slash the tires of someone driving a car that isn't like ours. My personal opinion is I love to read all the different views on each thread, then I try to decide which way would work for me..I'm dumb so I try to do what people on this board advise LOL And by the way, if you read the thread on how did you get started in quilting, my very first quilt's backing was a sheet. I certainly hope that after reading all these positive comments, you feel whole lot better and keep posting(((((((((HUGS))))))))) Wendy
Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 AM

I learned, and you must learn, to IGNORE the "QUILT NAZIS". In the past, I've used sheets for backing. Mostly old sheets that are very soft, and for what are called utility quilts. Only bad experience was using cut up sheet squares for foundation piecing. Quilt was way too heavy by the time batting, backing, and quilting was added.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:58 AM

I did not respond to that post. I use whatever I have or can afford at the time. I feel bad that you had such a negative response, because usually everyone is so very nice on this board. Please don't stop posting topics. Healthy discussion is what keeps us all here!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:58 AM

Have used a lot of sheets over the years, even 60% cotton. Most of those are still around being used.

Don't let the crabby among us run the world! Post and assume you won't agree with everything that's said. If we shut up every time someone's rude, they'd only have each other to talk to.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:03 AM

Echo...please stay and post..Your input is important to me and all.
Sometimes when things are put in writing it is not always stated the way I wanted it to read. You have a right to your opinion as we all do.

You may just have awaken something that has bothered quilters for a long time.
I've been here for a long time even if just lurking, and have never found any intentional put down on anyone.]

You certainly gave me food for thoughts.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:10 AM

Don't give up! There is an element in quilting circles which is dogmatic and critical of others - I've twice joined local groups and given up because of the superiority complexes of some of the members. I don't have a lot of confidence in myself as a creative person, though I'm gradually overcoming that, and critical people made my early forays into quilting, after a lifetime convinced that I was useless with a needle, an ordeal because I wasn't perfect. It was a while before I decided that enjoyment was the main aim of this, and that I didn't actually care if my work wasn't perfect - if other people did, that was their problem! I was glad that you asked your question, because it's something I've wondered about too, as I look for ways to make the most of a small budget. I'm sorry you got some unkind replies, and if any of those responsible have seen this thread, I hope they'll take the time to think about the impact of their words in future. That said, it can be easy for a post to be read very differently to how it was intended to sound! I haven't been a member of this board for very long, but I've been impressed by the thoughtfulness, generosity and respect shown by most posters.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:12 AM
Administrator

locking only so we can put the matter to rest.

this is not a fuss-o-gram. ;-)

time to get back to the happy. :-)