Apologies

Old 03-23-2011, 10:15 AM

This is to all those who chose to comment on my previous topic of "Using Sheets for Backing". It was not my intent to criticize/judge/belittle etc. when I posted it and if it was taken that way...well, you have my utmost apology, what more can I say. I merely was stating my preference and wondered why some preferred to use sheets. I never expected to get a major butt chewing like I got. Needless to say, I won't ever post anything again.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:16 AM

Please don't take it personally. Some people on this board tend to believe they have the right to criticize people's personal opinions.

Just ignore the snide comments. There are far more good people on here.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 AM

I didn't take your post negatively at all. I suspect that everyone has their preferences, and have learn a lot on the board about what people do and don't like.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Since joining this board I have learned so much from all of you.I take on board all the hints tips and opinions and learn from them. Please do not stop posting on the board you have plenty quilting exprience to pass on to others like me
Old 03-23-2011, 10:28 AM

Please please do not stop posting. It is sometimes difficult to share our words here in type form and have them be received at the other end with the intended thought and purpose. As long you stated it was YOUR preference that is enough. Sometimes readers miss certain key words of the discussion. I am not offended by any of the postings as I take them all as each person's opinion of which they are entitled to have. Again, please do not stop posting to our board. I want you to stay around and post whatever whenever.

Pam M
Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 AM

never apologise for making a statement, we still have free speech dont we? My Great greatmother, grandmother, mom all used a sheet for a backing, i use one too.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:32 AM

I know I said I wouldn't post again, but jljack, rusty quilter and rutthy...thank you so much for the kind words. I was devastated when I read all of those negative things.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:36 AM

There are times I suspect that we type (or speak) faster than we realize. Being human...it is one of those things we all have to overlook. Keep quilting and keep posting--we all love to quilt and love to learn.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by rutthy
Since joining this board I have learned so much from all of you.I take on board all the hints tips and opinions and learn from them. Please do not stop posting on the board you have plenty quilting exprience to pass on to others like me
I agree. I didn't post to your post, but yes, I have used sheets too. I also use muslin. Everyone has their opinon. Quilting is an expensive hobby. I started doing it because it's fun. I don't get to do it alot because of working fulltime and life in general. I like to use my pretty fabrics for the front. I don't have anyone to give my quilts to, so I just do it for me. If I could afford all the fabric for a pretty backing I would buy it. I really do like the look of muslin when it's quilted and washed. :thumbup: I'm sure you have lots of useful things you could teach us newbie's. I'm always looking for differen't opinon's on how to do things. If you were teaching this newbie how to quilt, would you knock me for my backings? I don't think so. :D Stay here. You will like it. This is a really great board. Ignore the posts you don't care for. That's what I do.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:37 AM

Thank you for your posts! This is a place where we can learn from each other and share our thoughts and ideas... Just smile and keep posting! lol