Apologies

Old 03-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Please don't stop posting and don't stop posting a new topic. I asked a mod to remove a topic I started. It was causing so much negativeness that I didn't like. This was not my intent. The more I tried to explain what I meant, the nastier the comments became.

I agree, everyone has their own preference. And I believe there are way more of us positive people here than negative people.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:43 AM

Everyone has choices and opinions that may or may not be like yours. But this is what makes the world go around. Wouldn't it be a boring place to live if we all had the same opinions and made the same choices.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:46 AM

Sorry you feel that way, missed it the first time around went back and read when saw this post... Thats the Beauty of this board, we are all able to have opinions, not afraid to share the experiences, these topics may or maynot change ones mind about how they choose to Quilt, and many times give other outlooks on how it can be done, so many levels of quilter here all outlooks are welcome....
Yes a few things get deleted, but that's mods choice if it steps too far over the line. Reasons for this are solid.
We've all been on that end of someones teeth :) ... Happens when people are passionate about a topic, I look at it as a good thing, that there are people who still hold a long, beautiful craft, and are still willing to share the experience. JMO
Happy Quilting and Posting !! :)
Old 03-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by echobluff
This is to all those who chose to comment on my previous topic of "Using Sheets for Backing". It was not my intent to criticize/judge/belittle etc. when I posted it and if it was taken that way...well, you have my utmost apology, what more can I say. I merely was stating my preference and wondered why some preferred to use sheets. I never expected to get a major butt chewing like I got. Needless to say, I won't ever post anything again.
I only read 2 bad comments and I think they were off base. It is unfortunate that some people have the need to be in-your-face because it can be such a negative force for new or shy members.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

It happens. You can say something you feel is innocent enough and it can take on a life of its own. I didn't post on the original topic because I don't have experience with sheets, and poly vs cotton thread is one of those topics where there will never be a meeting of the minds.

I am sorry for what has happened for you. You just never know...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 AM

I use sheets all the time and if people do not like it too bad! I am not making heirloom quilts but if they ;last that long so be it! I want mine used!! I also use poly blends! Shame on me but I have some on my bed from many years ago and they are holding up well. Post what you like you will sometimes get negative comments but who cares it is your quilt!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 AM

thats right cant we all just learn from one another. Quilting is going to be around long after we are all gone.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 AM
bj

I read your post, but must admit I didn't follow the whole thread. I hate it that you got your feelings hurt. I doubt that was anyone's intention, just as hurting their feelings was not your intention. Stay with us and have fun. Enjoy what you like, give your opinions (you're entitled) and ignore what you don't like.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:07 AM

I read the whole thread and did not see anything offensive unless being able to use poly thread and using sheets as some budgets (mine) only allow were offensive to you. Please feel free to quilt the way you prefer. My grandkids can wear a good quilt out in a years time I have had others longer with no problems. I do use both cotton and poly
Old 03-23-2011, 11:07 AM

i'm so sorry this has happened to you. like any forum it can be a bit rough around here.