Apologies

Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Never apologize for YOUR opinion. :thumbup:
Old 03-23-2011, 11:24 AM

Please do not stop posting! Your post was fine. It was others who blew things a bit out of proportion but I have seen much worse. It's usually really great around here and if it gets too out of hand we have wonderful moderators who rein it in. You're just fine.....welcome to the board (I'm probably late with that)and keep posting!

P.S. I don't use sheets either. I use 90" 100% Permanent Press muslin from.....drum roll please......WALMART! It is sooo soft when it is washed! LOL!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 AM

Those two posts make me wonder just how unhappy they must be with themselves. I feel so bad for those people, not only are they unhappy, but do not have the confidence the give constructive criticism.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:49 AM

Don't stop posting or talking to us! I just went to thrift store and bought some pretty heets to use for backing!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:50 AM
crt

You weren't rude at all. You discussed it in a pleasant manner, and you didn't deserve some of the comments you got. I don't post more because of this kind of thing, and it's a shame.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:53 AM

I don't remember the original post and didn't go back to read it, but if it works for you that's all that matters. Not everyone has the same budget for their hobby and it should be about the creation and process not so much the supplies used. I haven't used sheets just because I've heard that the thread count can make them difficult to quilt etc. and I've got enough troubles <VBG> without causing myself more LOL. Look at what the truly heirloom quilts were made from ... whatever was at hand. Please don't stop posting.

Susan
Old 03-23-2011, 11:56 AM

You were right to express your opinion. You are kind to apologize. Don't stop posting, I found your post interesting.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM

I didn't respond to your original post but did comment to my daughter that it is so hard to "hear" how people are saying things when all we see is the printed word. I knew when I read your post that it was stating your viewpoint, not critizing, but I also figured you would get some negative feedback. What each of us choose to use for quilting purposes is individual, neither right or wrong and is dictated by many things. Keep posting and responding--and you have nothing to apologize for.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Banned

Echo - please don't quit posting because a few people think they can speak for the majority. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION!!!!! And I think your post was a very honest post with your opinions and I, for one, feel like you were just stating your opinion and asking what others opinions were. You have too much to add to this community to let a few people push you out! There are more of us that want you to stay than those who posted negativly on the other post!

For my personal opinion, I have only made a few full size quilts and have used sheets for all of them. They were 100% cotton sheets and I purchased them from a linen outlet where the original price was way over $50 for a King flat sheet and I paid $9.99. I washed it one time before using and because it was a quality sheet, it was so soft and wonderful to work with. My niece loved hers and especially the back because it was so soft!

So, in closing - as my grandmothers both used to tell me:

1. TO EACH HIS OWN
2. IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY IT!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:16 PM

Hi, echo--do not let the Quilt Police put you off! they have no statutory power to arrest you :>), so do not let it get to you!
By the way, I use poly thread too--AND as I said in my earlier post sheets for back, and BLANKETS instead of batting--horrors!!!!!!
The budget dictates what I use, and 160 + quilts and tops for charities in the last 4 or 5 years is much more important than silly "rules" someone comes up with!
You owe NO ONE an apology! though they might owe you one!