Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
I don't know if this will work. We'll see. haha

January 1st - March 31st.
You are doing great! Hope I can say 30 lbs gone 3 months from now!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by sandiquilts View Post
it's two pounds more than I lost last month! That's why I'm joining now. I'll be happy with 2 lbs even if I don't win the fabric. Off to buy my patriotic colors skinny quarter today so I can mail in 3 months tomorrow.

Skinny quarters are what I call the Fat quarters since we all are trying to lose weight. So please still 18 x22 in size.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 AM

Not a good start for me. Dad, 86 years old had his gallbladder out this morning. So I've over done carbs the last few days. Oh we'll, I'll start again tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well with their personal goals.

Please pm the address for mailing the fabric. Thank you
Old 04-05-2013, 01:47 PM

Bookish One rec'd your FQ today...........oooh so pretty. I love playing with all the FQ's that arrive.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

Cindy glad you are feeling a lot better, and that your blood sugars are evening out too. My husband goes tonight for a second half sleep study, due to the first not being complete. I will be going too to sit by. I am doing pretty good keeping with it too. I haven't weighed yet again though. A big hooray for all of us.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 PM

My FQ's in the mail today.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:24 AM

I have noticed that some of the newbies have not contacted me yet for the address to mail their FQ in. If you are here for support only that is awesome. If you are here for the prize you need to send me a PM for the address.

So far I have only rec'd FQ aka skinny quarters from 2 people, I have seen that a few are out shopping and a few have them in the mail. When I get a bunch of them in I will post a picture of this month pile for the winner.

I will be working on cutting some fabric for several swaps that i am in and for a few scrap quilt project I am doing.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:43 AM

You look great Teddybear Lady!!!!

My FQ have not been sent yet. I hope to get them out by Monday or Tuesday.

Worked on several quilts yesterday and last night. Our little quilting group at church are making 10 quilts that are going to Romania this July with our Missions team. 6 of them are ready to quilt, one is already started on the quilting 2 just need borders attached and the last one the top is done but we are waiting for the backing that I ordered to arrive.
I also worked on a 1/2 square triangle quilt from an exchange our group did in August. We hang quilts around the church for Mother's day and we are all scrambling to get our 1/2 square quilts done so we can hang them all together. We hope to be able to hang several of the Romania quilts as well as other quilts that we have make during the year.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 01:33 PM

I have my skinny FQ ready to mail. I hope to make it to the post office Monday. I had to buy a purple. It will kill me to part with it. Purple is my favorite color.
I am down 2.7 pounds so far for the month. My bootcamp class will start being 2 days a week this week. I am also in a running club at work. I walk. I do about a mile before school 2 days a week. I need to start riding my bike. The weather is finally nice here. 67 degrees today.. The weather here is up and down a lot at this time of year. We had snow last Sunday. I might just have to wear my new capris to work this week. All of mine from last year fall down:-)
Old 04-06-2013, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I have my skinny FQ ready to mail. I hope to make it to the post office Monday. I had to buy a purple. It will kill me to part with it. Purple is my favorite color.
I am down 2.7 pounds so far for the month. My bootcamp class will start being 2 days a week this week. I am also in a running club at work. I walk. I do about a mile before school 2 days a week. I need to start riding my bike. The weather is finally nice here. 67 degrees today.. The weather here is up and down a lot at this time of year. We had snow last Sunday. I might just have to wear my new capris to work this week. All of mine from last year fall down:-)
Would not be good to wear something that is falling down when going to work. Or something a child could grab ahold of and pull down. LOL

I can't wait to feel like riding a bike again. Now that the crude is gone I am going to start walking before work and during my lunch.