Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM

Recieved 2 more months of FQ's from Pete for May and June.

I will be sending PM's to those I haven't heard from or rec'd FQ's from, so far I have only rec'd FQ's from 12 of 23, one I know is here for the support only.

I really don't want to be a hard nose about this, but there was a deadline for sending them in and I have not pushed this deadline in the past. I may have to in the future. Each person who joins this adventure works hard and sees who has signed up, I keep up with the FQ's. Please let me know what you all feel about this.

Off to my date tonight. Have a good evening.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
I have lost 1.8 pounds more. I have it down to the tenths now. lol.... I fell last night in the kitchen, and scared my husband as well as me. I am ok, but today sore all over, but especially my right leg. When I fell my right leg bent under when I fell. Not fun! Glad to see everyone doing well. Cindy I did tell my husband what you said he smiled, and said that was nice of you. Glad your blood sugars are doing good. Sometimes those blood sugars are hard to manage. Yesterday our weather reached 80, but now it's in the 50's and suppose to get cooler and stay that way for a while.
Keep up the hard work and be careful in with falling. I am glad that you didn't hurt anything bad.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:14 PM

I think if people want to be in this for the fabric, they should have read the rules and got the fabrics in the mail to you Cindy. If you have to set your foot down, then so be it. It's the same way in other swaps - if you can't abide by the rules, don't play. I guess that is pretty hard nose, though. Now that I've said this, do I really want to push the 'send' button or do I ignore your question???
Old 04-19-2013, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
I think if people want to be in this for the fabric, they should have read the rules and got the fabrics in the mail to you Cindy. If you have to set your foot down, then so be it. It's the same way in other swaps - if you can't abide by the rules, don't play. I guess that is pretty hard nose, though. Now that I've said this, do I really want to push the 'send' button or do I ignore your question???
Kathleen.......thank you for reminding me of how other swaps have that and need to get like them. I am glad you sent the send button.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:28 PM

I guess we should have a deadline for the FQ's. I'm not real strict about rules like that so whatever everyone else thinks. Usually I can get mine there by the 15th or so. Why is it so hard to get things out in the mail? Or is it just me? One thing for sure is that the winner has to have mailed their FQ in!
How wonderful that they caught the bomber! This week has had too many tragedies.
i have to show you the little shoes I made for Allie. They turned out so cute.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409045[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 04:53 AM

Cindy yes I guess you need to enforce the rules. Otherwise things tend to slide out of control. You might not get some of the FQ until the end of the month. If they slide too late it is too easy to cheat. Sometimes you just need to be a hardnose. I don't mean to make anyone mad by my comment.(sorry)
Cindy I hope you had a good date night. Pam the little baby shoes are adorable. Is there a pattern? Do they habe boy shoes. I just love little baby shoes. I am still waiting on my GS to make an appearance. They still haven't chosen a name. My mom says he refuses to be born until he has a name. I went to visit them this weekend it is a 4 hour drive. The food choices in their house just don't work for my eating plan. I bought some of my own food with me. I am hoping to get out for some walking today.
The weather has been so weird. It was 83 on Thursday. I put on shorts and opened all of the windows when I got home from work. Last night when I stopped for gas there were a couple of snow flakes flying and really windy.
Healthy eating to all and get some exercise in.
Pat
Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 AM

My sister challenged me to a 20 Lb weight loss by June 1st. That is our mom's 85th birthday and we will be having a big family celebration. That's only 6 weeks away! It will be even more of a challenge since I will have a vacation and 2 quilting retreats during that time.
Pat, the little shoes were fun to make. If you search "baby boy shoes" on pinterest you will find several patterns. Here's the link to the ones I made. If anyone wants to try these please ask me for some tips to make it easier.
http://www.fleetingthing.com/handmad...orial/&2_10_12
Old 04-20-2013, 07:01 AM

Love the tweet posted on facebook: Boston is probably the only major city that if you $)(/&$ with them, they will shut down the whole city....stop everything...and find you.

Cindy, tough as it is, from the sign up date to mail date is 11 days and that should be ample time to get our FQ in the mail to you. I would think it must make your job harder to keep track of everything if it is dragged out with no set deadline. We should stick to the rules. And thank you for doing this.

been a better week for me .....keep on keeping on!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 AM

Thank you Ladies for your support. Those who are supporting me on this have been with me for a long time.

For this month, if you haven't mailed your FQ and have been planning to I will this month only extend the deadline to the 25th. going forward I will enforce the deadline for mailing them to me.

Please contact me and let me know. We are all adults and know what we are suppose to do. I should not have to hound and harrass anyone for following their commitment.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:48 PM

Boy have I got some goodies for our terrific Tuesday - except this week coming it'll be Taboo Tuesday. I've got to stop reading those magazines in the doctor's office - too many ideas!! I ordered and it came today - a pet stroller. I've seen people walking with their pups in them. Well, I don't have a pup, but I do have a cat (two in fact). Tried it out with my youngster and he meowed loudly once or twice, but seemed to enjoy his short ride. It'll give the neighbors something else to talk about me for!!!! Maybe I'll walk more now that I need to take him - well, I do have to get my money's worth, right?