Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

Teddybear Lady, I hope she gets the new scales soon so you will be able to have it show correctly, but like you said, you still know.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

Cindy, it sounds like you are doing well.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:59 PM

For those sticking to their plans, I am inspired. It can be so hard to stick to a plan when life's chaos happens! But even for those who are struggling when the unexpected happens (like that box of donuts, or having someone order McDonald's for you) at least we are aware that it is off course. I'm trying to remember that even if I stray a bit off course, the sensible thing is to make corrections and just bring mysellf back in line, rather than allowing guilt to make me just give up. I keep thinking about sail boats, when the sailor gets off course a bit, he makes correction to get himself back on track and doesn't just abandon ship..... so while I got off course this weekend with being out of town for the 2nd weekend in a row, I am not going to abandon the program. Am just making readjustments today and thinking how I could stick closer to my charted course next time! Okay, now am going to get back to work and maybe even work on pinning some more on my quilt.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:25 PM

I am down almost 5 lbs this month although I am only down .4 from the start of the month. I really need to get serious about that life style change we are supposed to make. Anytime I go out of town for a few days I let myself splurge way too much. It happens way too often. Every month it seems like there are too many special occasions or weekend trips or a quilt retreat or a vacation. If I would just always try to eat healthy no matter where I am or what I am doing I would finally lose this weight. It sounds easy enough. Why is it so hard to do? I exercised this morning. I had gotten really lax about that too. I'm changing my ways as of today! I'm going to do better!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:53 PM

Ladies, thanks for all the positive vibes. I am determined to get back on track ( I like the sailor comparison!)
We Can Do This!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:15 AM

Well, I am one of those whose life got in the way and I forgot yesterday was Tuesday. After reading and catching up on the chit chat, I changed my mind and came up with this
TERRIFIC TUESDAY Because we can't always predict what life is throwing at us, spend a few moments planning. Put a package of low calorie snacks in the car with some water bottles so when you're on the road, you can have that instead of the heavier caloric foods that might otherwise tempt you when you're starving. I have my 'emergency rations' in the back and have use them in the past. Because my husband and I (like others on the board) are retired and sometimes pick up and go for a ride, run an errand, or whatever - AND - it's around meal time, I have a 'second' meal planned. If we eat out at lunch, I will not eat another big meal, so my second meal planned is one that is just for hubby - I'll eat the veggies, but not the whole meal or I'll eat a bowl of cereal, not the meal he gets. Remember, we are what we eat. (gosh, that's scary!) Drink lots of water and flush the system. LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 03:17 AM

Meant to thank Cindy for leading me down the Terrific Tuesday path - I generally do the snack in the car thing, but had not thought to pass it on as a suggestion to everyone. Thanks Cindy for the idea.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:19 AM

Oh, Pam, an ort catcher is some sort of 'garbage bag' for your table. An ort is the clippings from your sewing threads, the snippets off the corners of your project. Having an ort catcher keeps that off the floor - and they fold up so you can take them with you when you go over to a friend's to sew. I'll try to remember to take a picture and post it.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 AM

Very pretty and bright! I love how the pink squares are part of the coins border! I lost 3 lbs so far, but put back 1.5...having a hard time staying on track. Hope to do better. Love all the encouraging words from Cindy and love hearing everyone's story.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 AM

I blew it! went shopping for clothes, hated my image in the mirror, so I went and had a slice of pizza at the food court. I did buy a diet coke so does that negate the calories in the greasy pizza???