Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Not having a good month......need a kick in the pants!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
Not having a good month......need a kick in the pants!
mary........we all need that kick once in a while. Here is yours......you are in control of what you do and choices.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:50 AM

My scales moved! Yes, finally! They really can go down! I'm being careful of my carbs, which is really hard because I like my ice cream. My daughter is getting married the 8th of June and I plan to wait until the end of May to buy my dress. The girls will be wearing lavendar and the guys will wear black suits with a sliver tie. What color should I wear? They are getting married in the front lawn at the farm.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 AM

Thanks Cindy! I really didn't think getting into some sort of schedule after retiring would be this hard. DH is supportive, but having me home (he retired years ago) all the time is making for outings during the week, and of course we are always out at meal time. I think it would help if I could remember to pack my water and mid-day snack, but it seems that in the spur of the moment I forget those things. Ughhh.....

Last edited by Shadowirish; 04-16-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 AM

The last two weeks I've shown a gain on the scales. Yesterday showed I had stayed the same. My diet counselor said her scales are messed up. Everyone that has weighed has gained and some of them are really upset. She has new scales ordered and will have them this Thursday. I have stayed on my program and will be looking to see if I have a loss. Doesn't matter, I'm still on track. I feel better and I have more energy.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by countrymaid View Post
My scales moved! Yes, finally! They really can go down! I'm being careful of my carbs, which is really hard because I like my ice cream. My daughter is getting married the 8th of June and I plan to wait until the end of May to buy my dress. The girls will be wearing lavendar and the guys will wear black suits with a sliver tie. What color should I wear? They are getting married in the front lawn at the farm.
Sounds like you have a good plan in place. Also remember to drink you water. I would ask your daughter what color she would like for you to wear. When my son got married a few years ago, their colors were yellow and orange. I thought OMG i am not wearing orange and looking like a pumpkin, LOL. They asked me to wear brown and her mother to wear green. It was very complemtary to the wedding party.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
Thanks Cindy! I really didn't think getting into some sort of schedule after retiring would be this hard. DH is supportive, but having me home (he retired years ago) all the time is making for outings during the week, and of course we are always out at meal time. I think it would help if I could remember to pack my water and mid-day snack, but it seems that in the spur of the moment I forget those things. Ughhh.....

Your welcome, and if possible store some of your water if in bottles in the car along with some 100 calorie snacks. Or if nothing else, get a grab bag together that has your water in it along with the snacks.

I have to plan my meals for the week since I work long hours. I need to bring lunch, snack and dinner so I am not eating at 9 pm or later when I get home. I have been real good about not going out to eat during the week. Right now I ususally go out once a week with my date. this week we are going out Friday, he has a meeting with his girls to talk to them about their mom (he still helps her out from time to time) on saturday and going on a mission trip on Sunday.

You need to look for the low calorie meals when you eat out and if possible stay away from the buffets. I haven't been to a buffett in over a year now.

You will get back on track and be in control.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
The last two weeks I've shown a gain on the scales. Yesterday showed I had stayed the same. My diet counselor said her scales are messed up. Everyone that has weighed has gained and some of them are really upset. She has new scales ordered and will have them this Thursday. I have stayed on my program and will be looking to see if I have a loss. Doesn't matter, I'm still on track. I feel better and I have more energy.
I am surprised she had replaced her scales before this meeting, didn't you say that about your last weigh in. You know there has to be a problem if everyone in the group gained while following the program. Keep on the track you are on, I know you are feeling better. Sometime we are losing but it doenst feel like it when the scales don't move but then if we look at how our clothes are fitting you see the difference.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Mary it is much harder in your situation. Yesterday I went to the doctor with my dad. He was seeing the doctor, and afterward he wanted to go to McDonald's. He has terrible blood sugars right now, and that is why he got called in, but he wanted to have I guess a last meal there. lol...Well, you would have to know my dad, but he ordered me the same. Well, I have been sticking right to my diet this month, but yesterday is a break even day. I shouldn't have gained, but I sure won't lose any from yesterday. On the good side of it, I didn't really enjoy the burger and fries, because I wasn't on my plan that I felt good about. That let me know my plan is more sinking in, but when I am with someone it can go just like you said. Hang in there, you will get it worked out.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 AM
Power Poster

Countrymaid that is great. I am sure you will look beautiful as mother of the bride.