Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 04-14-2013, 04:49 AM

Pam I love the quilt. Apparently the labor last night was false. The pains were 11 minutes apart for a couple of hours then they slowed down, so I guess it is close to time. She is due on the 23rd. I have my quilt ready to take to hand sew the binding on, it is in the trunk of my car. My suitcase is ready to go too. Just a few things to throw in the car and I am ready.
I am trying to catch up on housework and laundry before I leave. I have been doing a bootcamp class at work. I kinda like it. It adds some variety to my exercise. We do a lot of squats and push ups. I have never been good at pushups but am getting better. I really need some work on my ab muscles since apparently I dont have any. I need to get rid of some more fat before I got to Hilton Head on May31. My nephews wedding is May24 and none of my dresses fit:-) Not sure if I will buy a new one or not. I never wear a dress. I have a really nice skort I will probably wear.
Healthy eating to all. My DH and DS have been bugging my to make BBQ ribs. So bad for us. I wonder how many weight watcher points they are?
Pat
Old 04-14-2013, 06:03 AM

That's a bummer Pat. But it did get you to get that binding sewn on so it's not all bad. That baby boy knows when the perfect time is for his birth. I doubt you want to know how many points the ribs are but you deserve a splurge day. Just keep it to one serving!
I need to pack my suitcase for a quilt retreat. I've always just loaded my car up so I have no clue how to pack the bare necessities in a suitcase.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

The excitement of waiting on a precious baby.

My only child, my son is 40 today, but he was due to be born on Nov 19 and was born on Dec 21. Even then, I was induced into labor, because the doctors did not want me to call them out on Christmas. lol...

Well, I have managed to stay to the letter on eating good foods, but it is so much easier doing it with my husband. I don't in anyway want to discourage him by my eating something I shouldn't in front of him. He has health issues that make it extremely important that he does well. Saying this, I have lost 3 more pounds. I didn't expect that actually, but I did.

I have been a bit more active ongoing than I usually am. I am trying, but with a lot of breaks in between. Everyone enjoy your day! Happy sewing, and good health.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:17 PM

Still waiting on the baby. It must be false labor. I told my DD to watch out, with this much false labor things could progress pretty fast when the labor gets real. Mine all came really fast.
I was a little bit bad at dinner tonight. I smoked some BBQ ribs. So bad for a diet. I ate 4. We have fresh asparagus and a little bit of fried rice with them. Back on the wagon now. I had better work out extra tomorrow to work off the ribs.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 PM

Pat, not too bad with the ribs, you could have had more. had my date today and I cooked for us today. I made beef fajaitas, with brown rice, a black bean/corn salsa and a tomato/avocado pico, sauted peppers and onions. I only had 2 with flour tortias. I was good with this. I have plenty of left overs so I will use for meals this week. I have plenty of fresh veggies, salad, fish and chicken salad for the week. I have to plan my meals for the week and take them with me since working the 10 hours a day.

Well I did quite a bit of cleaning this weekend. Slowly making progress in getting things done around here. I am making progress also working on some UFO's as well.

Be wise in your choices this week, stay focused, so what you can to exercise. Drink you water.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 AM

Had a personal quilting retreat this weekend. Hubby worked at church painting both Friday and Saturday, so it fit in perfectly. Finished some pillowcase dresses and little boy britches for the next mission trip to either Haiti or the Phillippines. Finished some small 'ort' catchers I was working on. Started sewing the rows of a quilt that is on my design wall - this one's for me and always gets put to the bottom of the pile, but I want to use the design wall, so guess I'll get it sewn finally. Made a purse for a friend's daughter (she was supposed to do it, but didn't) After 6 months, she gave it to me and asked me to finish. Didn't know what pattern she was using, just make a cutsie purse with what she handed me. Cleaned up the room some and ran the vacuum. Not a whole lot, perhaps, but I felt the weekend was productive.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:53 AM

Well, the box of donuts my husband bought are gone now, so no more temptation for a while.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:17 PM

Wow, Kathleen! That was a productive weekend! What is an Ort catcher?
cindy, my FQ's went out in Saturday's mail.
I finished the top of Allie's quilt and started piecing the back. After having so much trouble piecing the border I was pleasantly surprised with how easily the border went on the quilt. I used a lot of pins so I think that made the difference. This quilt is going to get quilted right away unlike some others that sit in my sewing room for months or years.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Pam that quilt is so pretty.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:36 PM

FQ's rec'd from the following:

Meanmom - 3 months
Vanogay - 3 months
Teddybear Lady - 3 months
Bookish one - April
Junebillie - April
Shadowirish - 3 months
Jim's Gem - 3 months
Sandiquilts - 3 months
PamH - 3 months
Pete - April
sewrealquilting - April

If you haven't mailed your FQ, please let me know what your plan is.

Keep up your good work, remember you are in charge of your life.