Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
    I don't know if this will work. We'll see. haha

January 1st - March 31st.

Debbie you are looking great. keep up all your work.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Teddybear you look great, along with the big smile too. You keep going, and you are doing it.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Debbie. Looking good. I actually wore clothes that fit me on Easter and everyone noticed my weight loss. That sure feels good.

Thank you all for your encouraging words. My friends have started noticing my weight loss now and have begun to call me "skinny". haha I'm not by a long shot, but it is motivating me to keep on. I wish there was a "magic solution" to weight loss, but all I've found is portion control, drinking water, cutting way back on salt and products containing a lot of sodium. I am eating more on a schedule now instead of not eating then not being able to stop once I start. Little by little, I'm changing bad habits. Being able to go to my closet and wear something different is a big motivator too!

Cindy, I hope you get to feeling better.

Debbie
    The Teddybear Lady

I am working on a quilt for my cousin's daughter. When I get some more of it together, I'll take some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Welcome to all the new skinny people well - Wannabes, anyway!! Mailed 3 months of skinny quarters and they should be landing at your home by weeks end. Today has not been one of my better days - not that I've eaten anything bad, I've felt like whale belly. At church last night for supper, they had hot dogs, cole slaw and beans. I ate a hot dog and it did not sit well at all. I have been paying for it all day long - I'll have lost weight, I bet by the time all this is settled. Let you know tomorrow.
    Your FQ's aka skinny quarters arrived today. Can't wait to see what else comes in.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I am finally starting to feel like my old self. Finally feels like the junk is out of my lung, it stinks getting a lung infection with only one lung.

I am finally losing weight again, now to get the 20 lbs off that came back with a vengance when i went back on insulin.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Welcome to all the new skinny people well - Wannabes, anyway!! Mailed 3 months of skinny quarters and they should be landing at your home by weeks end. Today has not been one of my better days - not that I've eaten anything bad, I've felt like whale belly. At church last night for supper, they had hot dogs, cole slaw and beans. I ate a hot dog and it did not sit well at all. I have been paying for it all day long - I'll have lost weight, I bet by the time all this is settled. Let you know tomorrow.
    oh, I feel for you. I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and I know all about suffering all day bc of one meal, or the wrong combinations (something you ate and then later you ate something else that made the two of them fight ).
    Sometimes you just can't win. You can never be sure how foods are going to behave
    Whale belly is a very apropos description. I think I'll borrow that
    I like your tag line, bc it says it like it is.
    Be kind to those you love and forgive quickly. It might be your last chance.
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Oh, wow, Tbear lady, you are looking GOOD! applause from the paws! (mousie paws, that is!)

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    The March winner for weight loss is Teddybear Lady. Congrats on your loss. She lost 8.8 lbs in March. Keep up your hard work.

congrats on your continued loss. I am down 3 lbs since my last doctor visit.
    good for you, Cindy!
    It's just not easy with health issues. Glad your sugar is starting to go in the right direction.
    My dd was put on Glucophage one time, for PCOS, not for diabetes, but it might have helped her except she couldn't work with the diarrhea!

it's two pounds more than I lost last month! That's why I'm joining now. I'll be happy with 2 lbs even if I don't win the fabric. Off to buy my patriotic colors skinny quarter today so I can mail in 3 months tomorrow.

You are doing great! Hope I can say 30 lbs gone 3 months from now!

Quote Originally Posted by sandiquilts View Post
    it's two pounds more than I lost last month! That's why I'm joining now. I'll be happy with 2 lbs even if I don't win the fabric. Off to buy my patriotic colors skinny quarter today so I can mail in 3 months tomorrow.

Skinny quarters are what I call the Fat quarters since we all are trying to lose weight. So please still 18 x22 in size.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Not a good start for me. Dad, 86 years old had his gallbladder out this morning. So I've over done carbs the last few days. Oh we'll, I'll start again tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well with their personal goals.

Please pm the address for mailing the fabric. Thank you
    countrymaid- I clean up after the kids, the husband and the farm animals

Bookish One rec'd your FQ today...........oooh so pretty. I love playing with all the FQ's that arrive.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    Cindy glad you are feeling a lot better, and that your blood sugars are evening out too. My husband goes tonight for a second half sleep study, due to the first not being complete. I will be going too to sit by. I am doing pretty good keeping with it too. I haven't weighed yet again though. A big hooray for all of us.

Susan

Blog Entries
    My FQ's in the mail today.

I have noticed that some of the newbies have not contacted me yet for the address to mail their FQ in. If you are here for support only that is awesome. If you are here for the prize you need to send me a PM for the address.

So far I have only rec'd FQ aka skinny quarters from 2 people, I have seen that a few are out shopping and a few have them in the mail. When I get a bunch of them in I will post a picture of this month pile for the winner.

I will be working on cutting some fabric for several swaps that i am in and for a few scrap quilt project I am doing.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

You look great Teddybear Lady!!!!

My FQ have not been sent yet. I hope to get them out by Monday or Tuesday.

Worked on several quilts yesterday and last night. Our little quilting group at church are making 10 quilts that are going to Romania this July with our Missions team. 6 of them are ready to quilt, one is already started on the quilting 2 just need borders attached and the last one the top is done but we are waiting for the backing that I ordered to arrive.
    I also worked on a 1/2 square triangle quilt from an exchange our group did in August. We hang quilts around the church for Mother's day and we are all scrambling to get our 1/2 square quilts done so we can hang them all together. We hope to be able to hang several of the Romania quilts as well as other quilts that we have make during the year.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    I have my skinny FQ ready to mail. I hope to make it to the post office Monday. I had to buy a purple. It will kill me to part with it. Purple is my favorite color.
    I am down 2.7 pounds so far for the month. My bootcamp class will start being 2 days a week this week. I am also in a running club at work. I walk. I do about a mile before school 2 days a week. I need to start riding my bike. The weather is finally nice here. 67 degrees today.. The weather here is up and down a lot at this time of year. We had snow last Sunday. I might just have to wear my new capris to work this week. All of mine from last year fall down:-)

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    I have my skinny FQ ready to mail. I hope to make it to the post office Monday. I had to buy a purple. It will kill me to part with it. Purple is my favorite color.
    I am down 2.7 pounds so far for the month. My bootcamp class will start being 2 days a week this week. I am also in a running club at work. I walk. I do about a mile before school 2 days a week. I need to start riding my bike. The weather is finally nice here. 67 degrees today.. The weather here is up and down a lot at this time of year. We had snow last Sunday. I might just have to wear my new capris to work this week. All of mine from last year fall down:-)
    Would not be good to wear something that is falling down when going to work. Or something a child could grab ahold of and pull down. LOL

I can't wait to feel like riding a bike again. Now that the crude is gone I am going to start walking before work and during my lunch.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    I just got in my exercise for today. I don't always get that in with my lupus friend, but I had to go over the front yard so it could be mowed with this nice warm weather. With my fur babies there is always something in the yard after winter that needs picking up, and thrown away. My yard is huge living in the country.

Susan

Cindy, be careful starting to walk again. You've been sick and don't overdo yourself and get sick again. Just take it easy!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Always careful when getting back to exercising. I don't want anything else to cause me problems.

I had my weekly date tonight, we went for fish, I had grilled tilapi and he had fried catfish. Then where we had dinner is at like a large outdoor mall, so we walked around since it was a nice comfortable evening. I had a great time. I enjoy spending time with him.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a great partner, createfourpaws.

Blog Entries
    Cindy it sounds like you and your date had a nice evening. How long have you known him, if you don't mind me asking.

Susan

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast