Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Blog Entries
    Count me in - I need to lose some pounds.

Blog Entries
    Nice to see all you motivated people! Just what I need to get kick-started! Again...

Blog Entries
    Count me in, hoping to be thin! Fingers crossed that we all are winners! Even a 1/4 lb wt loss is a win in my book.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

I'm in also. You would think the looks the Dr gives me would be motivation enough but no, but I LOVE fabric.
    Robin in Brownwood TX

Taboo Tuesday. Okay, we're back to one I've used before, but it is still good. Fool your eyes by using a smaller plate for your meal. When you put your serving on it, it will look larger and make you think you've actually eating more. Also, put your fork/spoon down while you chew, that'll make you eat slower. (that's my problem many times, I'm always the first one finished and no, it isn't because my serving is smaller, I just eat too fast). Stay Healthy Everyone.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

I'm in for April.
    I just got home from a mystery trip. It wasn't a mystery for me because I planned the trip but my friend had no clue. Yesterday was her birthday and also the 1 year anniversary of her husband's death. I planned a little trip to give her something to look forward to rather than dreading the day. We went to Galena, IL. Had a great time. It is a beautiful little town with a lot of old brick buildings and many nice shops and restaurants.
    Bookish one, if you don't post something while you check in, we don't know you were there.

Blog Entries
    I just did a bootcamp class. I am going to be sore tomorrow. We did a ton of lunges and pushups. We aslo did some weights. I will be surprised if I can lift my arms tomorrow without pain.
    Healthy eating to all. Good luck. I was down last month just not as much as I would have liked. But down any is good.Welcome to all the newbies.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Bookish One View Post
    By checking in once a week, does that mean you have to post a message, or can you just visit the thread and read what is there?
    what is meant by checking in is to post something that way I know you are still around and working towards your goal. sharing ideas, encouraging thoughts, any thing you might be working on. when you just stop by and read we don't know you are here. I hope this makes sense
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I love seeing all the new faces on our group. If you haven't sent me a message for the mailing address please do so for the FQ's aka skinny quarters.

Good luck all and welcome new comers.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Sounds like I should do this....count me in. Linda

Count me in again. My whopping 2 pounds for last month was at least in the right direction.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Blog Entries
    I am just now posting for today. Hubby had an appointment with new Endocrinologist yesterday. He was not doing well, but will be hopefully. He was put on a more restrictive diabetic diet. I will probably eat more that way to help him too, but my calories should be the same as I went by before. His will come out to 1800. Welcome to more on the board.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

I am new to Quilting Board but this sounds like fun! And I want to drop some extra pounds that have accumulated while I have enjoyed quilting and chocolate this winter. Want to stick with the quilting, but reduce the chocolate consumption! I would love to participate -

Blog Entries
    Welcome sewrealquilting !!!

Susan

welcome to our newbies
    PamH, you have one beautiful baby doll there!
    I've been so busy helping my dd move I haven't even been on the scale. I haven't been naughty though.
    I've actually been more active than usual.
    Need to get back on a regular exercise schedule though. Been paying for all this with cramps in my foot!
    Like any old mouse stuff, it too shall pass, though...and come again
    Had a very nice Easter with the grand-mouslings and enjoying some new plants.
    Hope the coming of spring is motivating to all
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Welcome to all the new skinny people well - Wannabes, anyway!! Mailed 3 months of skinny quarters and they should be landing at your home by weeks end. Today has not been one of my better days - not that I've eaten anything bad, I've felt like whale belly. At church last night for supper, they had hot dogs, cole slaw and beans. I ate a hot dog and it did not sit well at all. I have been paying for it all day long - I'll have lost weight, I bet by the time all this is settled. Let you know tomorrow.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    I probably missed it, but who won for last month? It has been a raining day here today. I will be sending out my skinny quarter tomorrow.

Susan

there must be something in the air, cause something I ate yesterday didn't agree with me. I was up most of the night with a bad stomach ache and nausea. Not a good thing when you are diabetic and can't keep anything down. Was afraid to fall asleep and my sugars falling.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    I probably missed it, but who won for last month? It has been a raining day here today. I will be sending out my skinny quarter tomorrow.
    no you didn't miss it, i was sick last night and didn't post. I am so sorry. I will look tonight when I get home and post the winner.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

I'm down 2.6 lbs. for this week. My total now since Jan. 1 is 29.6 lbs. I'm almost to 30 lbs. Drinking lots of water and staying away from high sodium products helps me the most. I am on a planned diet that is about 1200 calories a day. If I can be brave enough, I'll post a Jan. picture along side a March picture. I know I have a long way to go but at least I tell myself I'm headed in the right direction.

We can do this. It just takes a few changes a little at a time.

Debbie
    The Teddybear Lady

My picture

I don't know if this will work. We'll see. haha

January 1st - March 31st.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haha, my mom tells me I look old with long hair. I tell her that's because I am old! I'm 60! I don't care, it's just hair. haha It's also a little gray too when I don't color it. Who cares!

Quote Originally Posted by rob529 View Post
    I'm in also. You would think the looks the Dr gives me would be motivation enough but no, but I LOVE fabric.
    Robin in Brownwood TX
    Haha, same here.

Blog Entries
    Good job Teddybear, your loss is very noticeable....keep up the good work!

The March winner for weight loss is Teddybear Lady. Congrats on your loss. She lost 8.8 lbs in March. Keep up your hard work.

congrats on your continued loss. I am down 3 lbs since my last doctor visit.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast