April Weight Loss

Old 04-21-2014, 04:00 AM

I hope everyone had a great Easter. I ate some candy but not too much. I had Easter at my house. I grilled ribs because the weather was so nice. I would love to do the year with no sugar. Not sure I could do it. I am trying to cut out the obvious sugar. I don't think I would stick with reading all of the labels for where it is hidden.
Lauriejo you can make pretty much anything you want gluten free. My SIL and nephew have celiac and make all kinds of things GF.
I was looking for something to wear today. As I dug thru things in my closet I found clothes I didn't even know I had. I have some new shoes I want to wear and was trying to match my outfit to them.
Healthy eating to everyone. Try to stay out of the Easter candy!
Pat
Old 04-21-2014, 04:43 AM

We had a nice Easter here. I made reservations so no leftovers here. It was a buffet and we all pigged out but at least it was just one meal. I didn't even buy any candy so none of that around either. It was such a gorgeous day that I even got outside and took the baby around our circle a couple of times in the stroller.
I took several days off from my hula hoop but when I got it out last night I was able to do about 10 rounds (a few separate times). It's unbelievable how hard it is to do but I'm getting better. The thing is so heavy that it actually hurts when it drops on your foot or heal. Still hurts my muffin top too but I'm hoping that will be gone in a couple of months.
Weight watchers has a new activity monitor. You can wear it on your underwear or keep it in a pocket. I wear mine on my bra. It detects movement up/down, side to side, backward/forward. Turns out I am a lot more active than I thought. Especially on days that I babysit! I find that I rarely stand still anymore. I do a lot of dancing or just moving side to side. Instead of walking to the bathroom (or anywhere in the house) I jog taking very small steps. It's just fun to plug that tracker into my computer and see how active I am. I find that even without doing actual exercise, I can still meet my activity goals and earn extra points so I could eat more if I wanted to. Now if I could just make myself figure up all the points and track all the food that I eat. My daughter is very good about tracking her food and made it to her goal weight a couple of weeks ago. Of course she only had to lose 22 lbs instead of the 45 that I had. I still have 25 to go.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:23 PM

We had a family Easter here at home. I don't eat chicken, beef, or pork but we did cook a traditional Ham for the the few who were here. My kids are all over the country, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Virginia, New York, and my youngest one is in college in Ohio. She was the only one who made it home. So, there were just four from my family which included myself, my DD, DH, my mother, and my daughters boyfriend was able to join us as his family had celebrated on Saturday. We even did the Easter egg hunt for the teens and they had a great time. I had Salmon for my dinner. I sent most of the left over Easter Candy back to school with my daughter to share with friends as they enter the last two weeks of school and finals week. Thank goodness, I might be tempted on the more stressful days.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:53 PM

No sugar diet??? Well, I am at least trying to eat better and keeping track on My Fitness Pal. This is the first time I have used it and really like it. You can just add calories that are written on the packages. Really hard to loose weight when you get older.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:21 AM

Hubby grilled ham slices this year since it was so warm, it was yummy! I have only eaten a few jelly beans, trying to be good.

I do make most everything I used to make before we went gluten free, but it is not the same. The texture and taste of gluten free is just not as good. Bread and pasta were two of my absolutely most favoritest things to eat, and I have not found anything that compares. Gluten free options are also way more expensive, so we have to limit how much we can buy. So I end up feeling deprived and cling to my Pepsi.

Weather is so much better now and I can get outside and walk hooray!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:08 AM

lauriejo, what flour mix are you using? I don't eat bread because I can't have yeast, but my homemade mix makes some good cookies and muffins.

I made some diet soup. It's to be eaten for three meals a day, but I'm only using it for dinner. The scales aren't going down yet, but I feel lighter. Odd. My clothes don't fit any better - I'm at my largest size so I need to get this under control. I'm tired of having to try on three tops before I find one that fits.

I'm putting the last border on the church quilt today. It won't go quickly because I have fit a lot together. but it has to be done by 9:30 tomorrow morning so it's crunch time.

I am losing weight and getting healthier!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by mateoh View Post
My daughter just started working for My Fitness Pal in San Francisco and she had been after me to try it out. So far so good, at least it keeps me accountable in writing down my meals and snacks. Now, if I could increase my activity it might go a little better. Yesterday I was able to walk for 45 minutes in the morning and tried for a repeat in the afternoon but only managed to get in a 25 minute walk in the evening before my knee became too painful.
I'm not very smart about my smartphone but just managed to download the app and sign into the site.
thank you (and your daughter) for bringing it up
Old 04-22-2014, 07:30 PM

I'm completely off track. Trying to get back but it's so hard.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:37 PM

I have been doing pretty good with all of the candy around here. I only had 4 peanut M&M's yesterday. None so far today. Now I just need to get off of my butt and exercise.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:14 PM

Stupid scales will not go down more than 3 lbs. I am glad I am on this site or I would give up.