Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewNso
how long have you ladies been losing together? have you told me that before? 65 lbs for some of you? wow....
It's a year the first one was last April because the theme was April showers.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
The winner of the weight loss challenge with a prize for March losing 17 lbs was.......Rita's Mom......way to go!!!!

the runner ups were.....
kimscruzer losing 15lbs
bluteddi losing 13lbs
congrats to all..boy my treadmill gonna get a workout the next 30 days LOL LOL
Old 04-01-2011, 10:08 AM

Jeepers! I had 7 pages of posts to get caught up on.

MJ, no weight gain in 6 months is a trophy! I am gonna check out that Happiness Key series. I have been on a reading kick lately - no doubt why I haven't finished this quilt.

Nevens-nona, you had to endure unimaginable pain. My heart goes out to you. Welcome to this great thread.

PatC328, your brother sounds a lot like mine. I am 7 years older and when he is unclassy enough to tell me I am old, I just tell him I am also wise! Is the 328 in your user name your birthday?

Tru, it is great that you bounced back so quickly after Jims visit.

Wapatee, Kalispell is GORGEOUS. Welcome.

qbquilts, congrats on the loss already. You are a big jump ahead!

Rachielou, welcome. Now you had to tell us what is happening in July?

createfourpaws, a 60# loss would put me at the bottom range of my ideal weight. Good luck to you.

DonnaD, ya know, it was easy-peasy to lose 20# TEN YEARS AGO for me - compared to today. Smack him once for me too! (Not Really!) My mom does WW, suggested it for me. I looked at online joining, $17.95 a week, after a $30 joining fee. I resolve to get off my lazy butt and show a lot of discipline.

Carrie, my son (17)has his own primary care physician since he turned 14. I pray for answers for the two of you.

Mary Lynn, WTG with the 17# loss! Keep up the super work! You are worth it!

MyMoose2, I had not made the connection with April Fools Day. I hope we flip this joke and all come out winners.

janRN, you can avoid all those foods that take you away from your goals. I believe in you.

RoseL, welcome! I've never heard of Crack the Fat Loss Code so I will be keeping my eye on you. Congrats with the success so far.

Congratulations to our weight loss winners. Unless this group really shrinks, I will never be a winner. I couldn't lose 17# (or even 13#) in a month if you wired my jaws shut.

lynne
Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaD
Originally Posted by Nolee
I found out yesterday that I have diabetes and doctor said weight loss alone would get rid of it, so I am in.
Tis true. Hubby starting having sugars in the 250s+. Doc said take these pills or lose 50 lbs. So hubby says okay, I'll lose the weight. Ten weeks later he was down 50 lbs. and sugars were normal. That was 10 years ago. Still normal.

Of course, he may die of accidental causes if he doesn't stop saying "Its no trouble to lose 50 lbs, just make up your mind".

Donna
Hahahaha!!!

Originally Posted by DonnaD
Originally Posted by Nolee
I found out yesterday that I have diabetes and doctor said weight loss alone would get rid of it, so I am in.
Tis true. Hubby starting having sugars in the 250s+. Doc said take these pills or lose 50 lbs. So hubby says okay, I'll lose the weight. Ten weeks later he was down 50 lbs. and sugars were normal. That was 10 years ago. Still normal.

Of course, he may die of accidental causes if he doesn't stop saying "Its no trouble to lose 50 lbs, just make up your mind".

Donna
Hahahaha!!!

This post is mainly for my own accountability. I resolve to do everything I can to lose 10# this month. I will be on heightened alert that I not overdo and then be down with my knees.

My starting weight for April 1 is 170.2. That is up 1.2# from March 1 and honestly, it feels more like 10.

It is long past time for me to move from this complacency.

Lynne
Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM

I vote Lynne as the Head Cheerleader for the day. GO LYNNE!!! Thanks for all your motivation to so many.

We have many newbies this month. Welcome to all of you. You will love this thread. I hope everyone is having a good day making healthy food choices. Go us!!!!! Sandy
Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 AM

The winner of the weight loss challenge with a prize for March losing 17 lbs was.......Rita's Mom......way to go!!!!

the runner ups were.....
kimscruzer losing 15lbs
bluteddi losing 13lbs
Congratualtions ladies!!! Way to go.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:06 AM

the runner ups were.....
kimscruzer losing 15lbs
bluteddi losing 13lbs
Goodness, this is amazing. The best I have ever done was lose 15# in 60 days...but then, I was 20# lighter at the time. CONGRATULATIONS to you all.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
I vote Lynne as the Head Cheerleader for the day. GO LYNNE!!! Thanks for all your motivation to so many.

We have many newbies this month. Welcome to all of you. You will love this thread. I hope everyone is having a good day making healthy food choices. Go us!!!!! Sandy
Aw Sandy, you are just too sweet. How are you getting around? When is the big day? I think about you everytime I do anything active - we are almost two peas in a pod. I wish neither of us were there.

Have a blessed Friday my friend!

Lynne