Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 PM

Tru, I'm sorry for your loss. Carol
Old 04-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Trupeach, I am so sorry for your pain. How cruel of you sister. I have been estranged from my sister for 2years. It hurts but I can't let it destroy me. Big hug to you.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
I've been doing upper body exercises, that I can do sitting in a chair. I've also been doing exercises I was doing in PT. Lynne, I cannot get down on the floor. Not right now with my knee. Even if I got down there, I wouldn't be able to get back up. (help...i've fallen and cant' get up). I'm moving, and thats what counts. After surgery and my healing is in progress, I will be able to do more and more. Sandy
Do you have access to a pool? I'm telling you, water exercise does wonders.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:58 PM

No pool since we moved from FL to AL last year. I sure do miss having a pool. I'm sure there is a YMCA somewhere near here. I've thought about checking it out, after I'm well from next week's knee replacement.

Tru, I am so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you!!! MJ, I'm sorry your are sick again. Bless your heart. You've had a time. Prayers for this to pass quickly.

Carrie, we had almost 3 hrs of heavy rain, terrible lightening, thunder and hail. Thank the Lord it has passed over and it seems to be calm outside. It was scarey while it lasted. We were under tornado watch. Sandy
Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by JHolm
I'm new here and have problems resisting sweets, which is bad because I'm diabetic and need to control my sugar. Sunday is the worst for me because I'm in charge of Sunday Morning Fellowship ( coffee & treats) at church. Every Sunday morning I find myself binging. I'm leaving for church in about an hour please pray for me or at least think about me while I face my hardest temptation. I will post when I get home to let everyone know how I did.
Jeanne, I hope your day goes well. Sweets for me set off cravings! I truly feel your angst!
I'm in the same boat regarding sugar. Augghhhh!!! That's a horrible job to be in charge of. Stay by the coffee pot! :)
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Hi everyone - I missed a lot today. I just tried to read everyone's messages, but since I'm so new, I'm still trying to sort them all out in my mind. Today was okay. Good news was that I did not run out at lunch, but packed leftovers :-). I did not make it to the gym (yet again) but I that's because the quilt store closes at 5 PM and I had to go get some fabric! I started a signature quilt tonight for my boss. He's retiring at the end of the month after 20+ years with our company - actually, he's been here since we were founded in the 80's.

I'd been working out a design in my head and finally settled on one today. I've got one block made, 19 to go - am doing a double Puss-in-the-Corner block, with the center being the signature area. There's 18 of us to sign the quilt, so I'll have 2 blocks that aren't signed and will use an alternate fabric in the center. For the rest of the quilt I'm using recycled shirts and will quilt-as-you-go to put it all together.

Have a great night!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Yeah, I made it through church without one single bite because of all your support. I knew I would come home to wonderful encouragement. Thanks everybody!
Yay JHolm!!!!! Great job!!! It's empowering, isn't it, and possible!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:09 PM

OH MY GOSH! I had a hectic couple of days and wasn't able get on here to keep up with everything. I had like 10 pages to read! But it turns out to be a good thing I needed a big dose of encouragement. I have stayed the same weight since March 30th! Grrrrr!!! I knew the weight loss would slow down but I didn't think it would slow down this much! It is hard to stay motivated when you aren't losing. I need to up my exercise but The wind has been horrible the last 2 weeks around here and it seems like everybody and their mother has been wanting this and wanting that from me till I just want to scream! I have come to realize that taking time for yourself is very important but I'm not very good at doing it yet. BUT no whining, tomorrow will be better...... or else! :evil:

I'm glad someone heard from Missy. I said I would send her a FQ also.

purplemem I hope everything is ok and you feel better soon!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:13 PM

Irishrose, I will check for "sit and be fit". Thanks for the info. I agree you need the MRI, no matter which one they do. Maybe they will give you some valium or something to put you in la-la land during the test. Then you won't care if it's open or not.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:29 PM

My doctor will give me Valium. He already said that, but he will be shocked when I ask because I'm so anti meds most of the time. I may not need it. Yeah.

I want a cookie. Nah, mind over matter. Oh, oh, here comes a boot. I'm whining.

Carrie, I'm sure that will help. The poor girl has had those headaches long enough.