Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Speaking of turtles, we found a baby water turtle under my DH's car the other day. The poor thing was half dead. My DD took it in and put in water and her boyfriend bought an aquarium for it so now it's thriving. Now I have a turtle living in our home. LOL!!
Old 04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

I don't think we have heard from Missy since she spent they weekend with her new girlfriend.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Banned

that slut...............bahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:01 PM

She's trying to lose that last 10lbs where she can have surgery. Let her get it off anyway she can. Hope she's enjoying herself.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Banned

ggrrrrrrrrrrrr........... I am not a sweet person, I mean sweet like in candy so I don't want to hear any comments about me being a bitch. I don't put sigar in coffee or tea, I never eat candy, I do like a brownie or fudge but that is like once a year. I have been craving sweets the last few days BIG TIME I have chocolate for Easter and I can't stop eating it. The rate I am going there won't be any left for easter. I am back up to 175 as of this morning.......I am pissed but I can't stop eating it. I haven't exercised in over a week and yesterday and today I have a migraine....just shot me and get me out of my misery.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Power Poster

Tru I wont shoot you but I will yell at you for not sharing that candy with me!!!
I refuse to buy any candy at all. I don't want it in my home and the kids are having withdrawals, oh well! they are just like me and need to lose weight too.
The migraine is probably caused by the sugar rush. Throw all the candy away you don't need it. Who did you buy it for in the first place?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:01 AM

I agree with Carrie. Get it out of the house! Throw it away, you are in control not the candy. I have a rule, if I can't eat it it can't come in the house. My husband is honoring this pretty much. I don't care if he buys potato chips because I don't eat them, but he better never, ever buy Fritos again. I'll eat the entire bag.

I heard a tip the other day, instead of throwing away your candy (or other binge food) wrappers, leave them out, it'll stop you from eating as it is a visual reminder of what you have consumed.

I have a mantra when I feel like over eating, I keep telling myself "My brain is lying to me." I also try to wait several minutes before I give into the urge. I try to find an activity that is a far away from eating as possible, such as scooping poop, doing laundry, anything to divert the need to eat.

Tru, you may have already tried these ideas, but keep experimenting, you find something that works. Meanwhile throw away the candy.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:06 AM

I didn't lose any weight in March, but I'm down 6 pounds this month. I think it is because I started walking/running. I haven't ridden the bike in several days, but have been walking/running instead. I read that if you continue to do the same exercise all the time your body gets use to it so you need to mix it up to keep losing weight. I guess it's true because I haven't cut calories and I've dropped 6 pound in two weeks.

I'll add the biking back in this week end, but the variety is good.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I started running the other day. I can only go about a 1/4 mile, but at least it's a start. I was cycling, but I was always by myself. At least when I walk, then run I can take the dog. I'll continue to cycle, but this adds another layer to my exercise routine.

The running is a bit painful as I have nerve damage in one foot, and that same foot has had the tendons reattached. I have a pin in it holding things togethor. But I figure it's going to hurt if I run or if I don't.

Plus, the running gives me another exercise to do. They say you need to mix up your exercise as your body becomes accustomed to the same routine and your weight loss will slow. It's best to change things around a bit. AND, my remaining dog is happy to get out!
Carol, be on heightened alert to any little pains. I may have totally ruined my knees by running. I am inspired by your drive!
Thanks, I'm old so I watch how I exercise. I run in dirt because it's easier on the joints. Less impact than asphalt.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Tru I wont shoot you but I will yell at you for not sharing that candy with me!!!
Who did you buy it for in the first place?
It is Easter candy, my son isn't a candy person but Joyce is so I got those cute little chocolate eggs and then rasperry filled chocolate bliss. This is the thing I HATE HATE HATE candy I never eat it that is why candy is safe in my house, at least it was until this week.