Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
ARGH!  Daredevil 4 Year Old! >

ARGH! Daredevil 4 Year Old!

ARGH! Daredevil 4 Year Old!

Old 09-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Dee

I made it having one real dare devil son into everything and anything. He was 4 boys in one as I told his doctor. Grew up to be rescue diver and a Navy Seal. I tell him every gray hair I really earned.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:20 AM

Yeeps, that's scary! I only have a dog that tries to catch flying bugs, and she went after a bee. We couldn't tell if she had really had contact with it or not (she was wiping at her face), and kept her in the room with us to make sure her muzzle didn't inflate like it had when she was a puppy.

I met a lady who was sure her 12 year old son woke up every day and said to himself; "what can I do to kill myself today?" She couldn't remember how many times she'd been to the ER!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Banned

Be glad you were not my mom, Evel Kneviel was my hero and I would for years (and still to this day) jump things on my bike.

First it started off with my Schwinn Stingray jumping metal garbage cans then BMX started taking off and I raced and jumped with them. Now at 44 I still go to the BMX track or mountain bike trails and still ride like I did back then. I have two BMX bikes I still ride (GT and a Diamondback) and its just what mood and what I want to do tells me which bike to take.

Billy
Old 09-07-2010, 09:43 AM

My son was the one without fear in my family. He scared me to death, he didn't know what the word fear meant. We were in the emergency room so often that they actually had a social worker come in and talk to my daughter about how all these "accidents" were happening. He is now twenty-two and still pushes the envelope with mountain bike riding, I don't think about it.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Years ago, my friend had to take her 3 yr old son to the doctor for a check up. He (her DS) had lots of scratches & bruises, and the Dr. was beginning to give Anita the 'stink eye', got a very suspicious tone of voice & asked her HOW he got them all. Anita looked at the Dr. & said "Like that!", pointing over his shoulder... where her son had just scaled the counter & was reaching for the cupboards!
No more 'stink eye' after that! :lol:
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Oh I have a 2 yr old like that. Scares the crap out of me! His older brother was and is the same way. The 2 yr old has figured out how to get on the trampoline, and he loves it. He also doesn't want anything to do with his tricycle...he rides his 4 yr old sisters bike! I feel for ya! lol
Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 PM

My oldest GS is 8, and in his very short life the child has had a broken arm, which he got at 2yrs climbing up a bunkbed ladder and fell. He swolled a coin larger than a half dollar,and yes he went to the hospital to have that retracted.He loves to climb trees and my daughter said one of the first things that he did when they got to Panama was he climbed the tree that was at the school.To top it all off he is showing his two little sisters how to do all his stunts. Daredevils come in all sizes and gender. We just have to pray that God will help us look out for them.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:47 AM

Oh yes I can relate have two grown children 1 boy now 36 and one daughter now 34 don't quite know how I got thru their growing years, ajaxed my living room (4,3) made snow in same room by opening couch cusions with sizzors at same age, next year son decided to try out his GF heart pills, and DD thought she was big enough to walk to Krystals down peachtree st in downtown altanta,ga to get chicken legs by herself. Well that is the short list, I just keep saying the Good Lord Please let me get thru the years and I am sure MM said the same about me every day.
retiac
Old 09-11-2010, 12:12 PM

you should have had my first 3 sons.. I don't know how I ever lived throught them.. at about 12 yrs old my oldest decided to hit this hill in the yard just right to see if he and his 4 wheeler could flip and land back on the wheels... I'm sitting in the yard with my dad and all of a sudden dad starts screaming, michaels flipped his wheeler..by this time I had learned I just got up from my chair slowly and turned around just in time for michael to jump to his feet and go I'm ok mom... now these were my oldest 3, I have 6 sons and 5 daughters and I think my youngest 2- girls 5 and 7 yrs old are going to be just like the first 3..
Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
My husband and I survived 7 kids.
Not one of them is afraid of anything. And the girls are meaner than their brothers. Once you get past the initial shock, don't show how panicked your are. She will pick up on it and use it to drive you crazy.
I, too, raised 7 kids. Yours and mine. The only "ours" are furry babies that meow. Two of them were girls, and they were as tough as the boys. I have 4 of them as Eagle Scouts - lots of avenues for adventure there. Being a nurse, it took alot to take them to the ER - I've put in stitches at home, and they all survived. I personally believe that adventurous kids grow to more motivated and interesting adults.