aspertame is deadly

Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 AM

I don't care what Snopes says. I still maintain that artificial sweeteners gave my mother the brain cancer that killed her. She was diabetic and used it daily.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I wouldn't say most Chinese Rest. don't use MSG. I've dealt with MSG sensitivity for almost 20 yrs. I've discovered they'll use Soy Sauce that says "no preservatives, no additives". yes, that makes everyone think that they don't use MSG. HOWEVER, the bottle will say something like "hydrolyzed protein of corn", or milk, or vegetable. THOSE products can have up to 40% MSG. The law states they have to list what products are in the food....NOT what products are in the products used in the food. Example....Spaghetti sauce will say it has "tomato sauce" in it. BUT, do they use the tomato sauce that has broth and tomatoes or the one that is made up of water and tomatoes? The broth will have MSG. A very informative website on this is www.truthinlabeling.com. LINK. And since I went to it to get info on the website link, I discovered the Swine Flu shot has MSG in it!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Well, seems you're right about sub-products not needing to be listed on a label. Also, if the ingredient makes up less than 2% of the product, it doesn't have to be on a label. I wasn't wild about how home-made the website you referred to looked, so I checked a bit deeper. I couldn't find a good official source on this, just a sentence here or a phrase there. Hmmm, why is this? Consumers need to know! Food industry lobbyists at work, I suppose.

What I did read is that the harmful part of MSG is glutamate, and glutamate is pervasive throughout nature. It's in many processed food products and apparently our bodies make use of it somehow. We all eat it in various forms, though we eat less of it than we would if we added it directly to food.

Oh well.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I wouldn't say most Chinese Rest. don't use MSG. I've dealt with MSG sensitivity for almost 20 yrs. I've discovered they'll use Soy Sauce that says "no preservatives, no additives". yes, that makes everyone think that they don't use MSG. HOWEVER, the bottle will say something like "hydrolyzed protein of corn", or milk, or vegetable. THOSE products can have up to 40% MSG. The law states they have to list what products are in the food....NOT what products are in the products used in the food. Example....Spaghetti sauce will say it has "tomato sauce" in it. BUT, do they use the tomato sauce that has broth and tomatoes or the one that is made up of water and tomatoes? The broth will have MSG. A very informative website on this is www.truthinlabeling.com. LINK. And since I went to it to get info on the website link, I discovered the Swine Flu shot has MSG in it!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Well, seems you're right about sub-products not needing to be listed on a label. Also, if the ingredient makes up less than 2% of the product, it doesn't have to be on a label. I wasn't wild about how home-made the website you referred to looked, so I checked a bit deeper. I couldn't find a good official source on this, just a sentence here or a phrase there. Hmmm, why is this? Consumers need to know! Food industry lobbyists at work, I suppose.

What I did read is that the harmful part of MSG is glutamate, and glutamate is pervasive throughout nature. It's in many processed food products and apparently our bodies make use of it somehow. We all eat it in various forms, though we eat less of it than we would if we added it directly to food.

Oh well.
You're right about it being in everything --- however, it's the MAN MADE Glutamate that harms a lotta people and even the natural can bother SOME people. An interesting read is "In Bad Taste, the MSG Syndrome". You can get the book on Amazon. It literally, saved my life. Oh, that website does look "home-made", it's created and maintained on donations. The information IS there on the website about the difference.

I was involved in a survey by the FDA on MSG. The way they worded the survey led to "if you don't die, or have life threatening IMMEDIATE symptoms", they didn't care.

As many of us have said....get the list of the names MSG is "hidden" in, stay off it for 2-6 weeks and see how you feel....you might be surprised.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Administrator

some people are allergic to peanuts. one whif of jiff can put them in the ER.

that does NOT mean that peanuts are poison or generally harmful.

some people are lactose intolerant. you really don't want to be with them in small spaces after they've had dairy.

that does NOT mean that dairy is poison or generally harmful.

pick any food or plant and you can find somebody who's allergic to it.

i'm off now to have my broccoli and carrot salad with a diet coke. peanut butter ice cream for desert.

i'll bet i live.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:43 PM

The Aspartame give me migraines also. I used to drink diet root beer on ice cream in the summer... what a bummer I had to stop.

I use Sweet N Low.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

I can handle aspartame just fine but my son can't. It gives him headaches. But my son can eat an ice cream sundae with a glass of milk and be fine, but I will be sick all night. Different people, different allergies.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I can handle aspartame just fine but my son can't. It gives him headaches. But my son can eat an ice cream sundae with a glass of milk and be fine, but I will be sick all night. Different people, different allergies.
Exactly --- EVERYONE who has "something", whether it's fibro or CF or some other something, needs to pay attention to what they're eating/drinking. The result may simply eliminating a product from their diet. Sure beats going on disability or taking hundreds of dollars of pills. I don't think it's just MSG or Aspertame that are making people sick. May be that the next person may be having problems with red dye, or any of those impossible to pronounce additives that are in our foods.

My mother is 81 -- I've asked her if people had CF/Fibro symptoms when she was younger -- 50-60 yrs ago. She said no. I asked the same thing about Irritable Bowel syndrome and her answer was the same. She also points out we didn't have the "fast foods", or freezer foods you see nowadays. There's GOT to be something to this.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:00 AM
Banned

snopes says false, BUT IS IT???????? i kept getting uti's CONSTATLY and dr told me to stop drinking anything with aspertame. i haven't had one since.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

I think many people can "tolerate" things like Nutrasweet/aspartame without having an immediate negative response like a migraine.

Just because one doesn't die from something immediately means that it is "good" for us.

Although it seems like most of us end up dead at the end of the road anyway. Guess the point is to make the journey/trip as pleasant/interesting as possible.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I think many people can "tolerate" things like Nutrasweet/aspartame without having an immediate negative response like a migraine.

Just because one doesn't die from something immediately means that it is "good" for us.

Although it seems like most of us end up dead at the end of the road anyway. Guess the point is to make the journey/trip as pleasant/interesting as possible.
It isn't the "dying" that bothers me.....the "allowing the products because someone didn't die" is the attitude of the FDA. The fact that they can make you so ill you can't function as a normal human being, that it makes you wish you WOULD die is what bothers me. Only in the last year or so are magazines beginning to tell the story of people like me....people that are sensitive and get ill from the product. The FDA will keep allowing the products because they're money-makers. How sad that so many people are ill and don't know why ------because of food additives.