Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I am so proud of myself. My DH ask me to make one of our favorite dishes, it a potato quiche. Tons of cheese. Well it makes a 9x13 dish, I quartered the recipe and make a loaf pan size. I did have a small piece with a salad and was very happy with that. what little was left was still calling my name so I fed it to the dog.
Good job I don't know that I would have had the will to now have that extra piece. I have to cut all my meals down to smaller amounts since it's only the two of us.
Keep up the good work.
Gail
Old 08-06-2011, 02:27 PM

Well done Jeri, thats the kind of will power I could with. I just make excuses to myslf . I will do better tomorrow,its up to me really to do the adult thing ,I am definately not a kid anymore!!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Great job cutting down the portion.

I'm cooking for four for supper, then eating tomorrow too.
Roast in crockpot, green bean casserole, and scalloped potatoes.
Artichoke salad first.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:41 PM
mim

I've been making the usual size of favorite dishes -- then - PORTION CONTROL -- DH and I are both working on losing. He has a lot more than I -- but -- it is working.

So -- we have leftover - repeat fav meals. Now if we can only keep it up when we go back west for the winter. Not so many fresh vegies in the winter.

I've been getting 2 cukes a day from our garden. It is a "One foot" garden -- 2X6 boards and 1 ft wide raised. We can keep it watered and there are no weeds. The tomatoes are starting to ripen and we can hardly wait!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:55 PM

hi, guys! i've been up a little while and reading all the posts i missed by sleeping! i love the name olivia kate, too, but olivia rose hope is exquisite. it's odd, but i think my sister hope is channeling to me because i keep thinking of the baby as olivia hope. as my husband has insisted this is not my child to name. you would have been proud of me last night when her mom was talking about pacifiers and taking hers away when she is 1 yr.old. omg, my mouth filled with blood from biting my tongue so hard! do i have to include that in my food diary? things we did with our kids now seem to be considered lethal! how did they grow up to be parents then? oh, it is so difficult being as old as i now feel!
this month my weight is doing very well! i guess my body has finally climbed on board! expect big things!, i'm just sayin'. and yes, i am eating. always an issue , i know.
i am losing weight. i am in control. it's up to me!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:59 PM

That sounds like my kind of garden. I'm not an outside kinda gal. But that wouldn't take too long to take care of or keep up with. Maybe next year I'll try that. Growing up we had 3 acres in garden so I always think a garden has to be BIG. I dod love fresh tomatoes and cucumbers.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:11 PM

Olivia is a beautiful name.

I like the idea of a one foot garden. We might could keep up with that. This year was wet then hot and dry, I don't see how anything "made".
Old 08-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Had sweet potatoes,onions and peppers all from the garden roasted with just a touch of olive oil in the oven for dinner tonight. It really does help having a garden. And there is nothing like a good jersey tomoto. I can do with out the meat and the sweets. For me it's the carbs that get me. I love to make homemade bread but I also LOVE to eat homemade bread. Really have to watch that. I have 2 loaves baking in the oven right now, I told my Dad to come get one in the morning and DH will eat most of the other one for his lunches. I try to stick to salad. Sunday mornings are the one time I let myself indulge. I will have eggs on homemade bread toasted with just a little butter. I'll behave the rest of the day.Better weigh in first though.LOL
Old 08-06-2011, 03:13 PM
mim

It is 2 ft wide - a divider in the middle and about 4 ft long. We filled it with bagged dirt -- the soil here is mostly clay. I have 2 tomatoes. 3 peppers and 4 cucumber vines which crawl over the grass. I also have a tomato in a big pot on the deck.

Not really any work and the rewards are great!!

Originally Posted by bjeriann
That sounds like my kind of garden. I'm not an outside kinda gal. But that wouldn't take too long to take care of or keep up with. Maybe next year I'll try that. Growing up we had 3 acres in garden so I always think a garden has to be BIG. I dod love fresh tomatoes and cucumbers.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:21 PM

Work today was a day from Hell........never stopped from the minute I got there till I left and hour late. So my eating was mostly from the vending machines as I didnt have time this morning to make lunch and snacks for today. I need to make some tonight for tomorrow.

I went shopping and got lots of fruits and veggies. So I have not excuse not to do what is healthy. It just preparing it and remember to take it with me for the long 12 hour days.

Continued prayers for all, keep up the hard work and keep losing.

Have a blessed evening

Cindy