Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess
    Hello everyone! This is my first time signing up for the weight challenge and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I also signed up on MyFitnessPal and it has really helped me get control of myself and stay on track. The pounds are coming off and I feel positive about reaching my goal this time. I'm glad you are all here to help when I need advice, need to vent or hit a rough spot. Now that I've completed my first week and dealt with my demon (decaf-ing) I'll be posting daily. Hope all of you have a great week ahead!

Rita
    Welcome Rita,your right.This forum is so knowledgeable and between everybody on here,there is a wealth of it.We are a diverse group and everybody here is great and so helpful.That is why it works.I am losing weight,I am losing weight.I am in charge of my destiny,as nancia says.And she's right.we are.
    Old 08-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Jeanne, two cookies total is not a terrible amount. If I could have gluten, I'd join you in the sugar cookie and brownie, but I'd trade you the 1/2 donut hole for the other half of the brownie. I can't eat fried fat - it's a mental thing, but I just don't eat it, except an very occasional potato chip. I had two pieces of homemade candy at our coffee hour.

Still burning, itching and oozing on the legs and a little on the arms, but it's getting better and enough of the swelling is gone that I can pass for normal - whatever normal is.

Nancia, you sound so much better. I hope your meds are balanced.

I need to join y'all on my fitness pal. I don't want a chart on my signature, but I would like a place to record my food. I like the the "If I bite it, I write it." I don't think I've ever lasted a day trying, but that's no reason to give up.

Off to visit the new Big Lots.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Old 08-07-2011, 12:59 PM

Judy,
    Can I go with you to Big Lots, it is my kinda store!

I went out today in the heat, big mistake. Now laying down with a/c all across my body.
    Old 08-07-2011, 01:07 PM

irish where is the new big lots is it in cadillac?
    I love big lots thats where I bought all my furniture cause they have layaway

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Jeanne, two cookies total is not a terrible amount. If I could have gluten, I'd join you in the sugar cookie and brownie, but I'd trade you the 1/2 donut hole for the other half of the brownie. I can't eat fried fat - it's a mental thing, but I just don't eat it, except an very occasional potato chip. I had two pieces of homemade candy at our coffee hour.

Still burning, itching and oozing on the legs and a little on the arms, but it's getting better and enough of the swelling is gone that I can pass for normal - whatever normal is.

Nancia, you sound so much better. I hope your meds are balanced.

I need to join y'all on my fitness pal. I don't want a chart on my signature, but I would like a place to record my food. I like the the "If I bite it, I write it." I don't think I've ever lasted a day trying, but that's no reason to give up.

Off to visit the new Big Lots.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 08-07-2011, 01:40 PM
    elm

Hi Everyone,
    welcome Rita. It's my first time doing the weight loss also. How long has this group been supporting each other?

When I weighed in this morning, I hadn't lost any weight. As long as that one glass of wine last night didn't cause a weight gain, I'm happy.
    Made it through the grocery store without tasting anything or buying anything bad for my diet.
    It's going to be another good day.
    Old 08-07-2011, 01:40 PM
    elm

Hi Everyone,
    welcome Rita. It's my first time doing the weight loss also. How long has this group been supporting each other?

When I weighed in this morning, I hadn't lost any weight. As long as that one glass of wine last night didn't cause a weight gain, I'm happy.
    Made it through the grocery store without tasting anything or buying anything bad for my diet.
    It's going to be another good day.
    Old 08-07-2011, 02:26 PM

Has anyone tried Zomba? My DD came over today and brought her Zomba exercise dvd. Picture a 54 yr old, 200+ lb belly dancers. NOT a pretty sight. It kick my butt. I will not being doing that again any tine soon. She also fixed dinner for us. Baked cod, fresh green beans, and sliced cucumbers & tomatoes. It was so good. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
    Old 08-07-2011, 02:48 PM

Sure, MJ, come ahead. It's only 83 degrees here.

Anna, the Big Lots is in the first Glen's store in the Lakeland Plaza - the one WalMart and JoAnn's were in originally. The only thing I found tempting was metal wall decor, but I'm not willing to give up the picture over my fireplace for some metal magnolias. I guess I could ream out one of my fabric storage rooms and redecorate it. Scary thought.
    Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 PM

hi, kids! i have my 5 migraine in 8 days so i'm not going to stay on long. just wanted to see everyone was doing well! jholm-- i am very proud of you!!! i know there is no temptation like baked goods for you and me! and you did great!!! a taste isn't the same as a box full!LOL and next sunday maybe you'll want to pick one item to taste. just remember how good you feel about yourself today! some wise acre once told me that the 20th bite tastes just as good as the first, so you might as well just stop after the first bite. i was always a sceptic and had to make sure that was true so went for the 20 bites and that's how i got into this mess! now, i try to think that each bite can't possibly measure up to my memory of that delicious morsel so i no longer try it. i also know it's like any addiction, once i start again it will be harder to stop. i really want to lose for the last time!! i can't keep doing this up and down for the rest of my life! off to sleep and hopefully lose my head. have a great day all! i am losing, iam in control. it is up to me alone.
    Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    Has anyone tried Zomba? My DD came over today and brought her Zomba exercise dvd. Picture a 54 yr old, 200+ lb belly dancers. NOT a pretty sight. It kick my butt. I will not being doing that again any tine soon. She also fixed dinner for us. Baked cod, fresh green beans, and sliced cucumbers & tomatoes. It was so good. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
    I think it must be what we call Zumba over here( the kinda south american music where you shake your booty (and in my case everything else as well) .
    I really like the music but there are a lot of young people in our group and to be honest I was getting tired and a little embarassed at not being able to remember which foot came first.I mean I am NOT stupid but in dance I am in the kindergarten class(and getting fed up with not going up a grade) LOL