Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-07-2011, 05:12 PM

I think it is Zumba. My mind is still kinda rattled from it. I liked the music but my body hurts all over, even my hair hurts.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:28 PM

Discount Vegetarian Times Magazine today only!
Here's the link:
http://www.discountmags.com/product/...s?CJPID=806314

Here's the discount code:
DiscountMags.com lowers the price of a one year subscription to Vegetarian Times Magazine from $12 to $4.99 via code 6500. You'll get 6 issues, and you may buy up to 2 years worth of subscription to get 12 issues at this per-year price. Note that Discount Mag's coupons hit their maximum very quickly, so act fast!
Old 08-07-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by elm
Hi Everyone,
welcome Rita. It's my first time doing the weight loss also. How long has this group been supporting each other?

When I weighed in this morning, I hadn't lost any weight. As long as that one glass of wine last night didn't cause a weight gain, I'm happy.
Made it through the grocery store without tasting anything or buying anything bad for my diet.
It's going to be another good day.
It's a fruit, right?
Old 08-07-2011, 08:33 PM

Well,I can't exercise really cause of my back and bones hurting.But I hurt anyway.So I been watching vids on utube and saw some belly dancing ones for fitness with older ladies just like me that were really plump and it did look like maybe I could go slow and try it.But the shimmy and the Zumba ones,are way too much for my back in the shape I'm in.When I was 14 yrs ago,they use to have a towel exercise held between the hands and pull back and forth and up and down.It did tone me up a lot and I did lose weight doing it.Down to a sz 12 and 140 lbs.There is lots of ways I saw on utube to exercise at home when it's hot out and or cold out.Good luck,and go slow,but steady.I'm not losing like I should be either.Generally I can do a lot better.But with the 115 degree heat and 60% dew point,I'm drinking a lot more than usual water,so think that's it.I'll be glad when it cools down.So,I can lose weight!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Jeanne, two cookies total is not a terrible amount. If I could have gluten, I'd join you in the sugar cookie and brownie, but I'd trade you the 1/2 donut hole for the other half of the brownie. I can't eat fried fat - it's a mental thing, but I just don't eat it, except an very occasional potato chip. I had two pieces of homemade candy at our coffee hour.

Still burning, itching and oozing on the legs and a little on the arms, but it's getting better and enough of the swelling is gone that I can pass for normal - whatever normal is.

Nancia, you sound so much better. I hope your meds are balanced.

I need to join y'all on my fitness pal. I don't want a chart on my signature, but I would like a place to record my food. I like the the "If I bite it, I write it." I don't think I've ever lasted a day trying, but that's no reason to give up.

Off to visit the new Big Lots.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
I just saw that last night about bite it,write it.But saw THays video's 1st on losing weight,which was good.Then found 'Pray it Off' Which was better.Both great tho.Very informative and learned a lot.Am not even done with PIO of course.Funny they {forgot now which one} talked about those shitaki noodles, and bite it write it,the extra take home bag,like we been hearing lately on the forum.They must of got it from there too.I don't know why I didn't think to look on utube for weight loss video's.I found these last night by putting in "How To Lose Weight and Keep It Off" {As it just came up in the search}And of course the '600 pound mom' really moved me.Her story was mine for yrs.I didn't try hard enough and gave up.Plus ate what I wanted to.But no more.Those days are gone.Thank goodness.Well,I hope your sores start going soon.They should as it's been about a week now.Keep us updated on them.I'm still curious as to what is was.Good luck.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:27 PM

i tried belly dancing in my early 20's. you should have some belly fat and love handles to do it right. it is a lot more work than you can imagine! but it is also fun. i was not co-ordinated enough to do the zils and the dance at the same time. but i did the flutter the best in the whole class (smile).it's a way of breathing that makes the top of your breasts jiggle. trust me, if it's jiggle you want, i'm your girl! lmbo (i wish!)
Old 08-08-2011, 01:58 AM

I want to thank all you girls for all your support, encouragement and knowledge. You guys are just wonderful!

Haven't been eating veggies in my food plan so I'm going to work hard to create a new food plan that includes veggies and more fruit ( I had been eating fruit but not everyday.)

Have cut back on my coffee so I feel that's a positive step.

Any pictures of Olivia yet or did I just miss them?

Have a good day everyone. I will check back in after my doc appt.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:40 AM

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Weighed in this morning for the first time since this challenge started and I am down 6 pounds.... :D :D :D :D Thanks to all of your posts with encouragement and support. It is so nice to have someone to talk to about my weight loss. Some of you have some very challenging medical issues and I admire and respect what you are going through in your weight loss. It is hard to loose weight and then you have the added burden of whatever medical issues you are going through. Keep it up. You folks are great.

I know six pounds is a lot for one week so this week I will concentrate on maintaining that loss and if I loose more.....wonderful. But maintaining is the operative word for me this week.

I tried the Zumba classes when they started to get popular; but they are just not for me. I love to dance and can make my feet go any which way but my hips and behind?????they just do what they want to...mostly they just jiggle the opposite way that I want them to. :XD:

Schools start back in my area today so watch out for those kids.

Everyone have a wonderful and blessed day.....
DOWN SIX POUNDS WoooHooo :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-08-2011, 03:23 AM

6 pounds! :-D great job!
Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 AM

Recipe:

http://maidendshade.blogspot.com/201...ta-pizzas.html

chick peas instead of meat..or use another source of protein. this sounds yummy!