Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 PM

Hi friends,
Just haven't had a chance to drop in for a day or so. So much to catch up on.
Conngrats to cottontop on the six pounds Yah you go girl!!
Theresa congrats on your 3 pounds. That's wonderful!
I have been on a stall for much to long. I have been so careful for the last 8 days. Kept up on water, logged ALL that passed my lips, walked 3 miles every day, and got in just shy of 10,000 steps each day. So when I got on the scale this morning I was hoping for a couple pounds and what do I see 1 pound I was upset for a minute but then decided that one pound is ok so much better than no loss or a gain, so ever onward with this journey we are all on.
I like the idea of mini meatloaf meals all ready to use anytime. I'll have to get some of my meals done that way. Great tip.
Gail
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Ritas mom, glad your back, now you can get back to your routine and feel better. Just start fresh and don't look back.
Hugs
Gail
Old 08-08-2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by glassnquilts
I have lost 3 pounds so far. I am working with a trainer 1 day a week. I am trying to work out at least 3 days a week. Last weekend I went to my MILs house and still managed not to gain.
Good job.3 pounds is great.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Weighed in this morning for the first time since this challenge started and I am down 6 pounds.... :D :D :D :D Thanks to all of your posts with encouragement and support. It is so nice to have someone to talk to about my weight loss. Some of you have some very challenging medical issues and I admire and respect what you are going through in your weight loss. It is hard to loose weight and then you have the added burden of whatever medical issues you are going through. Keep it up. You folks are great.

I know six pounds is a lot for one week so this week I will concentrate on maintaining that loss and if I loose more.....wonderful. But maintaining is the operative word for me this week.

I tried the Zumba classes when they started to get popular; but they are just not for me. I love to dance and can make my feet go any which way but my hips and behind?????they just do what they want to...mostly they just jiggle the opposite way that I want them to. :XD:

Schools start back in my area today so watch out for those kids.

Everyone have a wonderful and blessed day.....
DOWN SIX POUNDS WoooHooo :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Good job.6 pounds is fantastic.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 PM

i'm glad to see everyone is doing well, or shades of it! i weigh tomorrow. i've done well until today, so we'll see what happens.i do so love fall colors and patterns and i was sooo hoping to win it this month. oh whell, maybe next month!
jholm- i have very early pictures in my e-mail but don't know how to transfer them to here. olivia isn't quite one week old yet, but her mom says she is 6lbs of cheeks and 3lbs of baby! she really does have the most remarkable cheeks!so far she is being a pretty easy baby, which means she takes her disposition from her daddy (my son). we are a pretty laid back family all around! even the cats are mellow! lol
jsnomore- 3 miles is an incredible amount to walk during a soccer game. it would take me half the game to get to the field and the other half to get back to the car. not one of your speed walkers. LOL so good for you!!
rita's mom- i think you did well with what you had to work with! no reason you can't start again tomorrow! my son made wonderful chicken wings and drumsticks for dinner and it was out of this world. it may slow down my losing a little bit but i like to think i'm liv-ing and not just die-ting, ya know? as xylie does i like to reward myself for my losses and hard work. i'm working on finding other rewards than food, but food is so easy and plentiful and delicious and tasty and right there and ....i'm off the subject! so tonight i went to buy fabric and since no other customers were there i got 15 different pieces of fabric, most 1/4 or 1/2 yd. i'm going to make a doll quilt for a swap and the girl i'm paired with likes blue. i have no blue. i rarely use blue so it meant a shopping trip, during which i also bought some purples and tan. yeah, well it was hard to stick with blue since really i don't do blue , but it is her favorite color so i did my best. and i also bought her a surprise to go with her doll quilt only it doesn't match it at all. still i think she'll like it. can't wait to see what she's making for me!:) i'm such a kid when there's something fun in the mail!
enough of this book. just meant to say hi! i didn't drink enough water today and i can really feel the difference. i had a really great jug that i took with me when i went shopping and stuff and i put it down at the mall. gone. and can't remember where i would have left it or where i bought it. it's so hard when you have CRS (can't remember stuff)!
see y'all tomorrow! had a great skype chat with olivia as she slept. hmm...and she didn't interrupt me once! now that's a good kid!LOL i'm losing, i'm in control, and it's all up to me!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:14 AM

Don't worry Gail. Like you said it's still ONE more pound gone.Sometimes I think it takes a couple days to catch up so who knows tomorrow you may see a bigger weight lose. I know when its humid I rarely lose much but when the humidity breaks I pee a whole lot and then it just melts away. Wierd how that happens. I can retain fluid like nobodys business LOL Janet

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hi friends,
Just haven't had a chance to drop in for a day or so. So much to catch up on.
Conngrats to cottontop on the six pounds Yah you go girl!!
Theresa congrats on your 3 pounds. That's wonderful!
I have been on a stall for much to long. I have been so careful for the last 8 days. Kept up on water, logged ALL that passed my lips, walked 3 miles every day, and got in just shy of 10,000 steps each day. So when I got on the scale this morning I was hoping for a couple pounds and what do I see 1 pound I was upset for a minute but then decided that one pound is ok so much better than no loss or a gain, so ever onward with this journey we are all on.
I like the idea of mini meatloaf meals all ready to use anytime. I'll have to get some of my meals done that way. Great tip.
Gail
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 AM

Great job people. I am trying to cut out as many carbs as I can like bread and sweets. I am eating fruits. It is very hard to avoid breads but if I do I make sure that they are whole wheat.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:21 AM

Good morning everyone. Welcome to the newbies and congrats to all those who have lost weight. Evrybody else just hang in there and don't get discouraged. I weighed myself this morning which is something I usually don't do until Fri and discovered I had lost 1 1/2 lbs. YAY for me.

I went to the doc yesterday to follow up on some blood test I had done. He informed me I have no signs or symptoms of diabetis. He is concerned because now he is diagnosing me as hypoglycemic. Apparently the last several blood tests he's done indicated that my sugars are running very low. I've had several hypoglycemic episoded in the last few weeks at home so I'm not disagreeing with him. I know it's not caused by medication because he took me off my diabetic meds several months ago. A couple of the psych meds I take have been known to cause high blood sugar but not low. He has scheduled me for a bunch more blood tests to try and find out what is causing the low blood sugars. I looked it up on the internet and I'm not excited about any of the potential causes. Well keep praying and I'll get through this.

I asked him about seeing a dietician so I could get input on a health food plan that I can loose weight on but still try to keep my sugar normal. His response was I could eat anything I wanted and not worry about it. Apparently he doesn't remember the struggle to loose 133 lbs. after I was diagnosed with diabetis even though he says my weight lose cured my diabetis. It took me about 4 yrs to loose that much weight and I kept it off for 2 years but then gained 20 lbs back. That's when I knew I had to do something. 20 lbs doesn't sound like much but it came back so quick and easy that I was scared I'd just keep gaining. So I came to this board. Thanks all for your help and support.

Have a good day everyone. Rit'a Mom hang in there you'll get over your "horse show lag" and get back on the program.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:35 AM

Good luck with your tests. I also feel that there are medical reasons why I have such a hard time losing weight. You did it before. I know you can do it again.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:29 AM

Hi Everyone,

Woo hoo! I've lost 5 LBS this week, my energy is back since I went off of bread, sweets, fruit and less water. One of my friends keeps pushing sweets in my face and brings me cookies even though I've told her I stopped all sweets so I take them and give them to a neighbor, solved that problem. Don't let anyone get in your way if you truly want to lose.

Happy Losing, Cookie