Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    I want to thank all you girls for all your support, encouragement and knowledge. You guys are just wonderful!

Haven't been eating veggies in my food plan so I'm going to work hard to create a new food plan that includes veggies and more fruit ( I had been eating fruit but not everyday.)

Have cut back on my coffee so I feel that's a positive step.

Any pictures of Olivia yet or did I just miss them?

Have a good day everyone. I will check back in after my doc appt.
    Good,do that.Let us know what's going on and what the dr said.Hopefully they can get to the bottom of what is wrong with you.Good job on the little bits of cookies,that's a start.One of these days,you will just pass on them completely.
    Old 08-08-2011, 12:04 PM

i get those all the time.. hummingbird moths..they like my butterfly bush!

not many hummers or butterflies this year..must be the heat.

lean cuisine spring rolls for lunch..won't make that mistake again. yucky! but i ate them anyways!
    Old 08-08-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
    WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Weighed in this morning for the first time since this challenge started and I am down 6 pounds.... :D :D :D :D Thanks to all of your posts with encouragement and support. It is so nice to have someone to talk to about my weight loss. Some of you have some very challenging medical issues and I admire and respect what you are going through in your weight loss. It is hard to loose weight and then you have the added burden of whatever medical issues you are going through. Keep it up. You folks are great.

I know six pounds is a lot for one week so this week I will concentrate on maintaining that loss and if I loose more.....wonderful. But maintaining is the operative word for me this week.

I tried the Zumba classes when they started to get popular; but they are just not for me. I love to dance and can make my feet go any which way but my hips and behind?????they just do what they want to...mostly they just jiggle the opposite way that I want them to. :XD:

Schools start back in my area today so watch out for those kids.

Everyone have a wonderful and blessed day.....
    DOWN SIX POUNDS WoooHooo :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Oh,good job.
    Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Irish, when I can, I go at 6 a.m.

These new heart meds are kicking my rear, I slept until 11 today!

Here is a deal on buy.com for a pedometer today.
    http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=205521023

This looks like a good quality one and it is free shipping.

I just ordered one as the cheapies don't work for me.
    That's good.I saw last night that the pedometer 10,000 steps were to be at a good clip.Walking fast.I thought it was just to count the steps per day we done.So,there is no way I could do that many steps at a fast pace.
    Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Irish, when I can, I go at 6 a.m.

These new heart meds are kicking my rear, I slept until 11 today!

Here is a deal on buy.com for a pedometer today.
    http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=205521023

This looks like a good quality one and it is free shipping.

I just ordered one as the cheapies don't work for me.
    sorry,double post
    Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 PM

Wow, so glad to see you all are still doing this! Good luck everyone! :)
    Old 08-08-2011, 01:37 PM

I finally started using the food diary on my fitness pal. I don't know why I didn't before. It sure makes it so much easier to track calories. I thought I had gone over my calories for today but after logging everything I can still have something for supper. Hope everyone is sticking to their plan today.
    Old 08-08-2011, 03:43 PM

Uhhh, this is the first day home after fair. I was so behind it took a while to get caught up on all of the posts. I am so sorry for everyone who is struggling with health and dieting issues. I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. I am so off track from the last two weeks and I feel awful from it but I have no one to blame but myself! I ate too much and whatever was easy to get and I am really feeling it. We are all over tired and sick of the heat and I am so behind in all of my day to day resposibilities that I just want to go hide for awhile. Why is it when we are eating healthy all we can think off is eating all the stuff we shouldn't? I just want to tell all of you to not even begin to fall for that little trick your mind is trying to play on you! I feel terrible, I am moody, I have no energy, I know I am tired from fair but eating junk food just weighs you down and the minute you give in and eat something it doesn't even satisfy you, 5 minutes later you are trying to justify eating something else, and 5 minutes later something else....it is that old familiar routine that got me to 269 pounds in the first place. So my wish for all of you is to just be strong and know that no matter how much your mind tries to convince you to give in to your cravings you will just end up feeling hungrier,tired,moody and very mad at yourself for getting off track. STAY STRONG you will be so proud of yourself for sticking to it and succeeding! It is SO true NOTHING tastes as good as thin or healthy feels. So if any of you are feeling less than motivated right now PLEASE just look at how yucky I feel right now and use that to motivate yourself, and save yourself the setback im having right now. Stay strong and keep losing!
    I am hoping I am not so tired tomorrow and I get back on track! I also hurt my foot earlier last week( long crazy story)so I haven't been moving around much and that hasn't helped. I hope tomorrow is a good day for all of us!
    Wishing for cooler weather!!!
    Old 08-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Rita's mom, I hope you feel better tomorrow.
    Old 08-08-2011, 04:10 PM

Hey, Rita's Mom........tomorrow is a new day and you will feel better about everything when you've had a good night's sleep. You'll be back on track in no time. Don't beat yourself up about it. :-)