Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 AM

Xylie, what was the name of the other person with videos you were recommending a few days ago? Or are these Stever Turano ones better?
    I was so bad with my eating yesterday but I didn't gain any weight. Today I must do better!
    Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 AM

I think it is Ellen McCauley - Pray it off. She is funny.

Originally Posted by Pam H
    Xylie, what was the name of the other person with videos you were recommending a few days ago? Or are these Stever Turano ones better?
    I was so bad with my eating yesterday but I didn't gain any weight. Today I must do better!
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:36 AM

Good morning everyone. I feel good today. I was able to drive right by the Krispy Kreme Donuts and not stop. I was able to resist the urge today. Doesn't sound like much, but to me it is a hurdle I have been trying to overcome.

Karen
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    Good morning everyone. I feel good today. I was able to drive right by the Krispy Kreme Donuts and not stop. I was able to resist the urge today. Doesn't sound like much, but to me it is a hurdle I have been trying to overcome.

Karen

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Way to go Karen. And it is a big thing to be able to pass up KKD and not stop. Crossing one hurdle leads to more.....Keep it up :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 08-16-2011, 12:39 PM

Ya,the ones the other day was Ellen McCauley,and she's great.The Steve Turano one's are good too and he's a trainer so knows how the body works.I'd do Steve's first,cause he's on point and explains what we NEED to do to lose fat,and explains how the body works.Ellen's video's are good too.She was 378 pounds and lost down to 160 on her own through the classes she's doing now.But Steve knows more than the so-called experts,he's got a lot of degrees and knows what he's talking about.
    Old 08-16-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I think it is Ellen McCauley - Pray it off. She is funny.

Ya,she is funny.I like her way of teaching.She covers every body on this thread.Every body.We all can relate to her.We all need to watch these video's.Then we can learn how we got here,and what we can do about it.
    Old 08-16-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
    I'm in total shock.....today is my weigh in day and I lost another 5 pounds. I felt like I had lost but not that much. I'm in shock but doing the happy dance :D

I was afraid yesterday would have hurt my weigh in. After church we went to this resaurant we had not been to before. I had a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich (we split a 7 inch) and fries. That was lunch, then for dinner I just had a LARGE salad. I did go walk 4 miles last evening.

I ALWAYS eat breakfast. I was not really a breakfast person, except for Sat, something special like omelets...But I started eating breakfast. At first it was just a 1/2 bowl of oatmeal or maybe yogart, but then I branched out....maybe 1/2 english muffin, toasted, with peanut butter(1/2 tsp on a hot muffin taste like a whole tablespoon), fruit, milk and coffee.

You have to eat enough food. Sometimes not eating enough can be just as bad as eating too much. Your body will go into starvation mood and hold onto all those calories for when it thinks famine might be coming. Think "liefestyle change not diet". Is how your eating the way you want to eat the rest of your life? Watch portion control, exercise, and drink water.

During 2009 I lost 90.2 pounds and have kep it off. It took me from Jan 6 to Dec 23 to do it and now I would like to loose another 25 pounds and I will do it....

Ya'll have a wonderful and blessed day.
    Good job!I look for us all to really get the weight off.
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:00 PM

If you want to see something really hallarious and funny,watch Steve Turano's video on "The Saddle" in his performance video's on you-tube.Every one of his vids are about how to lose weight.I about choked from laughing so hard and spit my water out.
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:13 PM

Hi y'all. Beautiful day here in the Ozarks. Nice enough to be outside doing yard work and burning calories. Did well today with everything. Yesterday was a stand still day for me. It was our 41st wedding anniversary so I wasn't as good as usual but not as bad as I could have been. I did skip dessert! Hopefully the calories burned today will help get my motor going again. I'd like to lose another 5-7 pounds before Labor Day. We are traveling up to Great Lakes for our grandson's Navy boot camp graduation and I'd like to surprise them with a thinner me.
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess
    Hi y'all. Beautiful day here in the Ozarks. Nice enough to be outside doing yard work and burning calories. Did well today with everything. Yesterday was a stand still day for me. It was our 41st wedding anniversary so I wasn't as good as usual but not as bad as I could have been. I did skip dessert! Hopefully the calories burned today will help get my motor going again. I'd like to lose another 5-7 pounds before Labor Day. We are traveling up to Great Lakes for our grandson's Navy boot camp graduation and I'd like to surprise them with a thinner me.
    Well,that's ok.Steve says to eat what we want and that it's a cumulation of what we've ate,not just one day of eating that puts pounds on or off.And it does make sense.Congrats on your anniversary,that's good to be together that long.My hubby and I are going on 21 yrs.